Dance at dawn

Depuis le début

"Pikachu! I didn't realize... sorry, I feel so embarrassed right now..." She blushed beet red; she hadn't realized her own dancing: it just came out of her soul.

"There's no need to be embarrassed! You should do what you're passionate about, and you have talent!" He grinned at her. Her cheeks turned a further shade of red... But this time it wasn't from embarrassment.

"How did you learn to dance, Eevee?" Pikachu asked curiously.

"I don't really remember... I think, I've always known how! It's just my own way of expressing my emotions." She turned to look at the full moon behind her. "I know this is my home, and I am grateful for it and my family, but... I want to leave."

"Why?" Pikachu's eyes glistened with curiosity.

"Because I have a dream... and I feel I won't get it here. You know, like destiny! I feel it's outside there waiting for me... and I believe dreams have power, you know!" She chirped, inspired.

"I do, too! In fact, I have a motto: to never give up till the very end!" He chuckled. Eevee's eyes sparkled as she looked into Pikachu's, a warm feeling in her heart... suddenly turned into sadness. She sulked.

Pikachu noticed this sudden change. "You okay? You know, after what happened with Zorua," he mentioned the last word with a growl.

Eevee started crying, she finally burst out.

"I never thought he could do something like that... I always trusted him, no matter what…! How could he... how... I was so dumb, Pikachu! You were right…!" She sobbed, brushing away her bitter tears. "I'm, I'm sorry... I am一"

"A-ah, Eevee, don't cry! Don't apologize, either..." the electric mouse consoled her, reaching for her wavering shoulders. "It wasn't your fault, it was一"

A menacing growl interrupted the moment. "What are you wretched beasts doing in my territory?!"

A wild Houndoom appeared!

Eevee and Pikachu gasped, horrified. "H-huh, sorry, sir! We didn't know this was your place! We were just walking by... but we'll leave now!" Pikachu grabbed Eevee's paw. "Come on," he whispered as he slowly walked away.

"Stop right there!" The Houndoom jumped in front of them. "You're not going anywhere! You get into my territory, you'll fight for it!" He snarled.

"F-fight?!" Both of the Pokémon screeched.

"Yeah! Have some dignity, and battle me!" He growled.

"Pikachu, what did you get us into?!" Eevee whispered to him.

"Don't worry! I promised nothing would happen to you, and it won't! Together, we can defeat him!" he declared.

Eevee started trembling, this reminded her so much of her battle with Zorua... but when she looked by her side, she knew she wasn't alone.

"Let's not give up till the very end!" Pikachu said. Eevee nodded.

"Let the battle begin!"

And so a battle ensued between the evil Houndoom and Pikachu and Eevee. Houndoom shoot its hot flames at the two, both trying to dodge them. The Houndoom's eerie howls terrified the two as he kept torturing them.

One of the flame attacks finally hit Eevee, and she fell to the ground, unable to get up. "Pikachu! Help! It hurts so much!" she cried.

"Eevee…!" he called her name, as he jumped in front of her trying to protect her from their enemy, just before Houndoom's flames hit him as well. He winced in pain as he fell to the ground as well.