Chapter 8

Your POV 

I glared at the small witch.

"Why are you here?" 

She smirked. 

"Answer me, witch." 

She looked down for a second before raising her hands. 

"I'm here to surrender." 

"Bullshit! What are you planning?" 

She gave a look of fake hurt. 

"Why are you yelling at me, miss?" 

She turned into Rachel.

I growled. 

"Drop the act." 

I picked her up by her hood and walked her into the DWMA. I marched into the Death Room and threw the small witch onto the platform. Lord Death looked at her for a moment before sighing. 

"Medusa why are you here?" 

"I have a deal for you, reaper." 

I watched her every move, her every blink, every time her chest moved with she breathed.

She wasn't going to get to Stein. Not while I was alive. I won't allow it. I sat down and crossed my legs for a moment as I still glared at the small body of the innocent girl she was processing to get what she wanted. 

Lord Death and Spirit weren't taking any of this as seriously as a Shinigami and a Death Scythe should be. I guess they're stressed. 

"What do you want Medusa?" 

"I have the whereabouts of the Kishin, in exchange, I want full immunity from the DWMA and everyone inside it." 

I looked at her. 

"I want to make a deal with you Medusa." 

She turned and looked at me. 

"Oh? What is that?" 

"If you get immunity. You cannot lay a hand on the head of anyone that works or goes to the DWMA, no matter of their sanity at the time." 

She looked at me for a moment. She knew I had her pinned. 

Medusa's POV 

Clever girl. She know's I'm behind Stein's sanity. She would have made a fine witch but what can you do? 

I looked at Lord Death. 

"Do we have a  deal?" 

He thought for a moment. 

"Yes, but you must take (y/n)'s deal as well." 

I looked at them both for a moment. 

"Alright." 

Your POV 

I stood and grabbed the small child. 

"If you go back on my deal. I swear to Lord Death, I will hunt you down and gut you like the swine you are." 

"Is that a threat?" 

"That's a promise." 

"Oh, but you can't harm me without hurting little Rachel. Now can you?" 

I growled lightly. "Do not test me, witch." 

She smirked her sly snake smirk. 

We let her walk out of the building as the students watched. Maka was the first to find me. 

"What is she doing? Why is she being freed?" 

I grabbed her shoulders. 

"Lord Death, your father and I have taken care of it." 

She looked at me. 

"You were with them?" 

I nodded. 

"Why? You aren't a Death Scythe." 

I looked at her for a moment. 

"I did catch Medusa's plan. I have also been having training from the professor." 

She sighed and looked down. 

"I know this is hard, Maka. I know you trust Lord Death and I. But please just this once I need you to trust your father. He knows what he's doing." 

"If he knew what he was doing then Medusa wouldn't be alive and Crona wouldn't be exiled." 

"Do you doubt your Professor's skill? Do you, Maka? You need to remember how cunning of a witch Medusa is. She was right under our noses for months before we knew about it. Well anyone but Stein and I." 

She clenched her fists. "I'll trust the DWMA, you just keep the professor safe." 

I nodded and gave a small smile before looking at Soul. 

"Keep an eye on her for me will you?" 

He nodded and gave a toothy grin. 

"She's my meister, why wouldn't I?" 

I smirked and nodded. 

They walked off and I decided to go down to the dungeon to see Stein. 

I got downstairs and went to his door. I knocked on it a few times and opened it. I found him on the bed with the music box in his hands. 

I leaned on the door and smiled a little. He noticed me in the doorway and sat up. 

"At least you're feeling better." 

I walked over and sat next to him. 

"Medusa was here." 

He looked at me. 

"Why was she here?" 

"She wanted to make a deal with Lord Death." 

He furrowed his brows. 

"Did he take it?" 

I nodded. 

"What was the deal?" 

"That in exchange for the whereabouts of the Kishin she got full immunity from the DWMA and those who work and go here." 

He nodded. 

"I gave her a deal too." 

He looked at me for a second. 

"If she got full immunity then she couldn't lay a single hand on any of the heads of the people that go or work for the DWMA." 

He looked at me without blinking. 

"I get the feeling you did not make that deal for your safety. But for mine." 

I looked down for a moment. 

He made me look up at him. 

"Why?" 

"She implanted a madness booster into Marie through Crona and now she came here so she could take you with her and make you fight for her. You helped me and now It's my turn to help you and I couldn't bear the thought of you getting hurt because you were with her." 

He looked at me even harder than before. 

He grabbed me before moving me onto his lap. I looked at him as he held me close for a moment before he looked at me and gently pressed his lips to mine.