CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

Start from the beginning

Of course, the two of them had broken the rule when the convent was unoccupied, and Hannah knew that everyone would be gone for a long time, at least that's what she thought. Halfway through kissing on the kitchen table, Hannah sat on the wooden surface and Michael stood in between her thighs, the front door had opened, and Sister Maria's voice roared through the hallways as she spoke about a disturbing birth. Luckily, Michael was quick on his feet and had managed to sneak out through the back door before Sister Maria had spotted him. Hannah had to quickly wipe her lips and sort out her pinafore as she made conversation with the authoritative figure that could make her jobless and homeless at any moment.

"Are you nervous?" Michael inquired, quickly glancing in Hannah's direction before turning her attention to the road. "I am."

Michael wasn't talking about the wedding, he was speaking about the intimate night they would share when all the celebrations were over. Hannah was more than nervous, in fact petrified. She had never been with another man passionately, her focus in London was her work, not boys. The furthest she had gone with some crude groping and messy kisses in the corner of a club.

"Yes," she replied with honesty, her eyes not meeting Michael's as she stared out of the window at the country road. The bottom of her dress was calming her down as she fiddled with the exclusive material. "Make sure that I don't drink a lot otherwise nothing will happen tonight," she kidded.

Michael huffed before side-eyeing Hannah. "We don't want that now, do we?"

Hannah shook her head. "No, we don't."

Michael looked down at the leather seat for a second before blinking a few times. "Hannah, I l - "

"We are here," she interrupted, quickly identifying what Michael was going to say. Even though she left the same way, Hannah did not want to hear the words that would make everything become a whole lot more real. The time that they had been spending together was perfect, more than perfect, and she wanted it to last forever, but she still feared that everything would go wrong once they had established their love for each.

Michael sighed softly before opening his car door. Hannah had already stepped out of the expensive car and was making her way around to Michael's side, so she could grab onto his hand. Despite being in the attendance of his family many times, Hannah still worried about her wellbeing whenever she was around them. It was something that would pass but every time she thought that she was getting over the fact that they were immoral individuals, one of the mothers at the clinic would tell Hannah another story about the Shelby's and tell her to stay away from Michael - news about their relationship had travelled fast. Hannah had dismissed most of the stories and had told people to keep their nose out of her business but some of the things that she was told loitered in the back of her head.

"Hannah," Esme yelled as she ran over to her friend. Hannah good-humouredly rolled her eyes at Michael before embracing Esme in a hug. "Michael, you look dashing."

"Don't tell John hear you say that," Michael joked causing all three people to chuckle out loud. "Is everybody already inside?"

Esme nodded before looking back at the impressive building. "Just waiting on Grace to arrive so I would get in there and find your places soon."

Both Michael and Hannah nodded at Esme's comment and made their way inside of the beautiful building that Tommy and Grace had picked out for their wedding ceremony. Inside was just as lovely; the Shelby's on one side of the room and Grace's family on the other, all dressed in their cavalry uniforms.

"John isn't going to be happy about that," Michael said, referring to the men in uniform.

Hannah remained silent as she walked up the stairs and towards the seats that had been reserved for herself and Michael. Sat beside her was Linda, who Hannah had only spoken to a handful of times. The woman was looking down at her hands, as if she was trying to figure something out. When she noticed Hannah's stares, Linda gave her a quick smile before looking ahead at her husband who was stood at the top of the altar with Tommy.