Chapter 1

2 weeks ago
I had just gotten home and my father's car was here. I knew I was gonna get beat tonight. As soon as I got in the house I felt a hard pain in my stomach. I clutched my stomach as I fell to my knees. He delivered a punch to my jaw making me lose my balance. He kicked me in the stomach 3 times, grabbed my hair and flung my head into the wall, he then punched me in the stomach with his fists 5 times before I heard a crack when the doorbell rang. He sent me a glare as he told me not to make a sound. As I laid on the floor I heard a familiar female voice. I coughed and spit out blood as I tried to stand. I immediately lost my balance and went crashing back to the floor do to the pain in my ribs. When I fell I mapde a lot of noise and I heard footsteps pounding the floor coming closer. When the lady came into the kitchen and saw me she immediately gasped and asked me who did this to me. I closed my eyes as I pointed towards my father. She quickly took out a gun along with her phone. She pointed the gun at him and said," if you move I will not hesitate to shoot". She dialed someone and told them what was going on. After her conversation we stayed in that same position for about 10 mins until we heard sirens. As I spit out more blood I tried to stand but failed. I was slowly starting to lose consionousness when 4 police officers burst through the door, tackled my father, put him in handcuffs and took him outside. Once he was gone the lady came to my side and I realized it was my mom. Mom?, I croaked out. She nodded. As the paramedics came in I fell unconscious.

~////////////////~
Beep Beep Beep Beep

I woke up to the sound of soft beeping. I opened my eyes but quickly shut them. After my eyes adjusted to the light I looked around. I was in a white room. I looked to my side and saw my mom with a little girl sleeping in her lap beside machines. I groaned as I tried to lift my head. I heard shuffling by my side and I saw that my was awake. "Hi", she said smiling at me. I smiled a little at her. A nurse came in and she saw that I was awake. She smiled and handed me a cup of water. I took it and immediately took it down. "How are you feeling right now?", she asked. "Uh, I feel weak, sleepy, and pain but most of all ok ay", I replied.