Before The Storm

Barry's POV 

I gathered some blankets from the drawer and gave them to her. "If you need anything, then just let me know".

She looked up from sitting on the bed and thanked me. "I'm going to take a shower and get some rest" she stated and got up. 

"Cait, wait"

She closed her eyes and stopped. 

I wrapped my hands around her and puled her in for a hug. She reciprocated but the hug seemed as though she was far from helpless. 

That worries me. She's been saving herself for so long that she makes no room for anyone to help. 

She's brave, kind, honest and independent. 

When I look at her, I realize that she doesn't need saving from the flash. She doesn't need me at all. 

"I'm going to shower" she said and walked in to the bathroom then locked the door. 

Caitlin's POV

I turned on the shower and sat on the floor. 

It's not that I don't want to be with Barry right now, it's just that I work better alone. 

I need time for myself to gather all my thoughts and emotions. Sometimes speaking to no one and not thinking helps much more than engaging in a conversation with people who claim they know what's best for you. 

The temperature of the water was warm. I took several deep breaths to calm down and went under the shower, allowing the warm water to make me forget about the drama that took place today. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Barry was shouting from outside the door. I stepped outside the shower and turned off the shower then wrapped a towel around my body. 

"Yeah i'm fine" I replied then opened the door. 

Flashbacks came back from our little make out scene at S.T.A.R. labs and I instantly regretted opening the door. 

He stood there dumbfounded causing great embarrassment. 

Clearly my throat a little "i'll just change in here" and closed the door. 

My heart rate accelerated and I changed into clothes as quickly as possible so I can go to bed and sleep off the situation that just took place. 

When I opened back the door, he was still there, sitting on the bed with a game. Operation. 

Last time I played this game with him, he completely beat my ass and I am the doctor. But it's not my fault that the game doesn't include all the elements in the human body during an operation. 

If you're going to create a game, you might as well create it in the best way possible. You know after we deal with this whole 'stalker' problem and I am going to make my Operation game. 

He looks like he really wants to play so I decided not to say anything and play a couple games with him. 

"Let's just play one game. Itll take one game to destroy you" he said trying to sound uninterested. 

I giggled a little which made him smile. 

After losing to him 8/10 times, I demanded a rematch due to him cheating. 

His laughter was now uncontrollable which made me move the game from the bed incase he kicks it down by accident. 

I decided to leave him there and go to bed so I put covers over my body, rest my head on the pillow and closed my eyes.

The laughter eventually died down but he didn't say anything so I turned to face towards him to find him under the covers as well and staring at me. 

He didn't touch me nor did he attempt to kiss me and in that moment, I knew that what I felt for him was definitely more than like. 

He stared at me and I could see the desire in his eyes to make a move but he didn't. He knew that it wasn't the right time and I developed something more important towards him, respect. 

So I took off the lights and got back in bed with him. He held my hands under the covers and within a couple seconds, I fell asleep. 

-------

Happy Holidays :)