Suppressed

Caitlin's POV

Today is one of those days where everything is going bizarre. We're having difficulty in catching our recent meta human.

I stared at his body composition, trying to find a way to breakdown his body's chemical makeup without actually killing him.

Cisco was in the other room trying to pinpoint his location and finding out his connection with the recent deaths that Barry and Jo are investigating.

Wally was training as usual, trying to be more prepared and alert for their next fight with the metas.

Iris knocked on the door and entered after I nodded my head. "Hey, are you getting through?"

Sighing and shaking my head "this one is challenging, maybe I just have to approach the problem in a different manner" I said while analyzing the every cell.

Barry entered the lab.

"You've been working on this for the past 2 days, don't you think you should get some rest?" Iris said.

"Yes! I think I've figured it out!" I swiftly turned around and raced towards my apparatuses.

I felt like I walked into a wall of steel. I looked up and saw Barry smiling.

What's so funny? I asked myself.

He moved out the way and apologized. I raised my brow at him and searched for Iris in the room but she already left. My heart dropped a little.

"Barry, have you notice that Iris has been out of it lately?"

He sat down on my stool and looked at the various chemicals on the table.

"I think she feels like she doesn't contribute much to star labs."

Whaattttttt. That's crazy. She does stuff.

I felt his eyes on me "it's okay, cait. I know-"

This was the perfect opportunity to cut him off so I did. "Listen Mr. Allen" Smiling was natural for me so I did.

"You love her, she loves you. You've proved several times that she's the reason why youre breathing. Why you choose to breathe."

His heart probably began racing because I could sense the passion in him. All the passion for her.

"Remind her of who she is, her purpose in life."

The eye contact was becoming too strong so I broke it and began mixing the chemicals together.

"You could do that or run back in time.. again" he laughed and told me how much it seemed right at the time.

I rolled my eyes "your excuses are horrible, Mr. Allen"

"Excuses?!" He shrieked "For the last time-"

I placed my hands on his shoulders and told him to relax. He was ready to give me a two-hour long lecture on the whole timeline situation, again.

"Now leave, you're disturbing me. I have to get this done."

He seemed highly offended which made me laugh a little which made him smile.

Which made me confused. He left the room but I brushed it off and continued doing my work.

General POV
Cisco was outside the room, looking at the activities taking place inside the room.

He looked surprised. Maybe she does know when she's ready to settle down and who she wants to settle down with. Maybe he knows he's falling for her.

Is it best that their feelings are being suppressed?