Away for the Holidays

"PAISLEE!" I yelled through the house searching for my 3 year old daughter. Knowing her she's probably somewhere she shouldn't be hiding or making a mess. "Come on Paxton, let's find your sister." I said picking up my 7 month old son. I found her in the living room in front of the Christmas tree trying to peak inside a big box. "Girl what are you doing?" I said laughing at her "Can you just tell daddy to come out already?" Paislee quickly crossed her arms pouting. "Pais he's not in the box sweetie" I sighed feeling my heart break into a million pieces this is going to be Pais first Christmas not to mention Paxs very first Christmas without PJ & she's not taking it easy at all. With Kentucky having games right around Christmas time PJ said there is no way he could possibly make it home between 3-a-day practices & traveling. I just dealt with the fact that I was going to be alone with the kids yet again on another holiday.

"Hey mama, how about we FaceTime daddy & see what he's up too." I said sitting on the ground & propped Pax up next to me on his little pillow. Paislee was still pouting as the phone chimed & chimed waiting for PJ to answer but he didn't. I let out a huge sigh. "Daddy's probably at practice or sleep." I knew it wasn't in class because he just took finals. "How about this," I glanced over at a sleeping Paxton. "Let me & you go get some actual clothes on & we can go get you whatever you want even though Christmas is literally around the corner." I said with a quick smile. "It's ok mama I just want to stay home & watch daddies game." I sighed picking up Paxton & turning the living room TV to the Kentucky & UCLA game. Paisleee lived for her daddy everything about him & everything he does. I was able to visit my family in New York & take the kids to watch him play. Man did she love every minute of it, she would clap whenever he shot a shot because he would wink in her direction.

Pai eventually fell asleep after the game had finished. I carried her up to her room & layed her down. I quickly peeked in on a still sleeping Paxton. I headed downstairs to start making dinner.  When my phone chimed. Hopefully it's PJ since the game has been over for a while now.

Daddy😏: hey babe saw you called. Don't you think the timing is a little inconvenient for you to be horny😏.

Princess🤤: First Paul I'm not horny at all & I didn't call you for that. It's Christmas Eve & you're not home. Paislee has been moping around all damn day. I don't know what to do I try to cheer her up but all she fucking wants is you. Did you even try or ask if you could come home to your single mother of two kids who is doing Christmas by herself this year.

I slammed my phone down & put my head on the counter. I'm stressed honestly i shouldn't have put all the blame on PJ I just knew this was going to happen once he went to college. My phone went on a continuous chime I picked it up to see PJ calling me I rolled my eyes knowing I was fixing to get my ass chewed at.

"Yes" I answered with a attitude. "I don't know why in THE FUCK you like to fucking bicker & argue with me. I have done everything with yours & the kids best interest at heart. You of all people fucking understand that when I made this decision it was either go  play basketball or sell drugs. Would you rather me be on the streets risking my damn life & freedom or trusting the process & getting to the NBA?" He paused "That's what tf I thought dammit, go give the damn phone to Paislee & make sure Paxton is in the room." He continued with a stern voice. I did what he said & made my way to Paislees room waking her up. "Here Pais your daddy wants to talk to you." I said "Ohhh yayyy" she responded shooting up quickly and grabbing the phone out of my hand. I went to check on everything in the kitchen turning it off so I didn't burn the house down & headed back upstairs. "Come one Pax daddy wants to see you." I said picking him up & heading to Paislees room sitting on the floor. "Look daddy it's Pax" she said turning the camera around on him. "Them things are huge." He said. I rolled my eyes pulling my tank top up on my breast. "No daddy Pax is small." She said giggling. "Listen daddy can't be there for Christmas but I promise to you I have a very special surprise for you." He said "Daddy if it's not you then I don't want it." She pouted & hung the phone up. I chuckled to myself because i know he wasn't expecting that but idk how he thought she was going to react.

"It's getting late let's go eat then put some cookies & milk out for Santa." She jumped up & went to the bathroom to wash up. I headed downstairs & warmed Paxton up a bottle the fixed Paislee a plate. Once they finished eating I burped Pax while getting the cookies & milk ready. Then Pai put them on the living room table. "Come on Pai lets go to sleep so Santa will come."
•••
"MAMA MAMA." Paislee whisper yelled as she ran & jumped on my bed. "Santa is here." I rolled over & looked at the clock. It was 4 in the morning I had just finished wrapping presents. "Yea he's here to bring your presents." She didn't even respond back she just jumped off the bed and ran downstairs. All i had on was one of PJs T-shirt's I ran downstairs behind her only to be met with twice the amount of presents I had already put down. "SURPRISE!" was all I heard from behind me. Me & Paislee quickly turned around to be met with Hami, Quade & Jarred. "How in the hell did you fools get in my house." I said looking like wtf. "PJ gave us his key." A voice said from the kitchen. I walked in the kitchen to see Kevin & Wenyen looking through the cabinets. "Y'all niggas is invasive as fuck." I said smacking there hands away from the cabinet. "Come one Pai tell all your dads annoying ass friends goodbye." I said to her & she waved bye to all of them. I layed her back in her bed closing her door because lord knows these niggas can't be quiet to save their lives. I headed back downstairs to where they know where all sprawled out on the couch & floor with blankets & pillows.

"Y'all are ENTIRELY to comfortable in my house." I said rolling my eyes. "Girllll don't do that I'll make PJ put you in your place." Hami said. "Where is he any-" I got cut off by the screams of Paislee. I rushed upstairs to see her engulfed in her daddies arms. "look mommy." She said hugging PJ to death. "I could honestly kill you Paul." I said rolling my eyes. "Oh pumpkin don't be like that daddy has to surprise you." He said coming over to kiss me. "Paislee almost fought me every time I told her you couldn't make it, I mean the least you could've done was put me in the loop." I said "Nah you was good. You can't hold water you would've ruined the surprise." He said as Paislee yawned in his arm. "I'm glad you're home for Christmas daddy." She said kissing his cheek the dozing off on his shoulder. "Go grab Pax & meet me in the room." He said. I grabbed Paxton up out of his crib & headed to the room where Paislee & PJ where already sleep. I layed down Paxton with his little pillow & snuggled right next to him. I admired my little family no matter what I know PJ did what's best for us. So our kids would have the most perfect life. Now that he's home with us on this holiday along with all his crazy friends, I'm just glad he wasn't away for the holidays.

______________________________
I KNOW I KNOW DONT FUCKING KILL ME. This is WAYYYYYYYY overdue bug I've really had a lot going on in my life trust me all the images I had planned for you guys are in the works & will be posted.