Chapter 8

Five months later..

"Hey love," Percy gave me a hug from the back. 

I was in the kitchen, too scared to come out. It was my birthday and my parents held a birthday party for me. Percy invited the whole basketball team and some other people I didn't know. My parents invited my relatives and their friends. My palms were sweaty, I did not dare go out there. 

"Come on, people are wondering why isn't the birthday girl at her party?" Percy said. "I'm nervous," I said, playing with my hands. 

Suddenly, Percy leaned in to kiss me. "Are you nervous now?" Percy asked. I smiled and held his hand. I walked out of the kitchen with Logan and talked to some of my guests. Suddenly, Percy pulled me to the corner of the dining room. 

"Oh Percy, meet.." I said but Percy cut me off. "Elle.." Percy said slowly. "You guys know each other?" I asked suprisingly.

"We were childhood friends," Percy smiled. "Okay, I'll just go and talk to my other guests," I smiled and walked away.

---

After helping Mum wash the dishes, I asked Dad where was Percy. 

"He's at the backyard," Dad said. I nodded and walked to the backyard. Percy and Elle was standing there. Elle was laughing and Percy had his hands in his pocket, he does that when he's shy but why is he shy now?

I know I shouldn't be spying but I stood there and watched. Then, the number one thing I did not expect Percy to do happened. Percy looked into her eyes, gave her that gorgeous looking smile and leaned in to kiss her.

After that wonderful moment that Elle had, she shook her head and ran away. Percy looked down and yelled in anger. I took one step to the front with tears in my eyes. Percy saw me and ran towards me. 

"Don't touch me, Percy! Don't say anything! Just.." I pushed him away hard. My vision was blurry.

I ran in, looking to the floor, not wanting people to know I was crying. I got to my room and locked the door. After a few seconds I heard knocks on the door. 

"Eloise, please open the door," Percy said as if he was crying. Then, I heard whispers. 

"Eloise, its your Dad. Do you want me to end the party?" Dad asked. "Yes," I cried. I was lying on my bed, looking to the ceiling. I heard Dad telling Percy to go home.

I looked out my window and waited for all the guests to leave. When all were gone, I screamed as loud as I could. "Honey, do you want to talk about it?" Mum knocked on the door.  

I opened the door and lied back on the bed. "Shut the door, Mum. And LOCK it," I said angrily.

"Is Percy gone?' I asked my mum, holding back my tears. "Do you want me to call him? He's still talking to your Dad about this. Your Dad thinks that Percy's the bad guy here and Percy refuses to go home," Mum said.

"Tell Dad I said so,"  I said to Mum. Mum left the room for a few mintues and came back. I looked out the window and saw him making eye contact. I quickly turned away, I didn't want him to see me crying and my face looked so horrible.

Mum shut the door and locked it. "You want to tell me why you're crying right now?" Mum asked. 

"Elle and Percy are childhood friends," I said. "You mean, your cousin Elle?" Mum asked, looking suprised. 

"Yes! I left them talking and helped you with the dishes and when I came back, PERCY leaned in to kiss her!" I yelled. 

I started crying and I covered my face. "Poor you," Mum hugged me. 

"Just go away, Mum..Please," I said softly.