Chapter 5

Me? Like Percy? Please.

What my sister said still haunts me, I wonder why would she say that? Did my actions look as if I liked him?

I walked down the stairs and saw Mum placing bowls of cereal on the dining table. Then, she noticed I was looking. "I'll be coming home late, breakfast is on the table," Mum said to me, probably mad at me or something.

I guess she was hurt by what I said a few days ago.

I ate a spoon of the cereal and quickly took my bag. As I grabbed my bag, a car parked in front of my house honked. I got out of my house checking who it was and also on my way to school.

The driver rolled down the window. "Come on in!" Ashley yelled. "Whatever happened doesn't mean we're friends," I said, walking. Ashley's car followed me. 

"Just get in," Ashley said. I opened the door to her car and sat in the passenger seat. "How did you know where I live?" I asked her. "I asked Percy," she replied.

"Okay, since you were the first person I met in school, I consider you as a very good friend. And I want to tell you that..I'm dating Kevin!" Ashley yelled happily. I didn't know why she was so happy. I mean, in the end, everyone will end up alone.

"Yay!" I clapped my hands and said sarcastically. "You've never been in love have you? No wonder they called you weird," Ashley said. 

Why wouldn't Kevin like her? She's pretty while I'm just a piece of shit that no one likes. She has curly blonde hair and she looks like a princess. Not that I want to be one, I'm too old for that.

I just stayed silent. "Oh, sorry. Are you offended?" Ashley said as if she felt really guilty. I laughed as she said that. I won't be offended just because of that.

Finally, we reached the school and she parked the car. My parents never let me have a car. They say that if I had a car, it would be just a waste of money as I had no friends to go around with.

I opened the door and I noticed Kevin at the back of the car. Suddenly, Ashley ran towards him and they hugged. I rolled my eyes and walked towards school. "Eloise! Eloise!" Percy ran towards me, shouting my name. I ignored him and walked into the counselling room.

"Hello Mr.Black," I said as I sat on the chair. "I heard you started to hang out with the basketball team? I thought you hated them and the girls who hang around them?" Mr.Black said.

"I still hate them and I think I made a friend.." I said, feeling akward. "Good, who is it?" Mr.Black asked. "The new girl, Ashley," I said.  

"And I think she's really nice, unlike Ally," I said. "This is for your ears only but I think Ally is a bitch," Mr.Black whispered. RIINGGG, the bell rang.

"I think so too Mr.Black, see you," I said, grabbing my stuff and went into class.

----

When I walked out of class, Percy was at the entrance. Suddenly, my heart beated fast. My eyes widened as I wondered why was my heart beating fast. Am I dying?

"Hey Eloise! Let me drive you home," Percy said. "Great, my legs are getting tired," I said as I walked with him towards his car. 

Percy started the engine and there was a moment of silence. "Why do you want to die, Eloise?" Percy asked me. "I hate me, my body, my life. The whole world actually," I said.

"Why do you have to hate yourself and your body? Honestly, I think you're kind of beautiful," Percy smiled. I looked away. Was I blushing?

Then, we reached my house. I got out of his car and he got out too. "Thanks for the ride Percy," I smiled.

"Wait! There's something I want to tell you," Percy said nervously. "What?" I asked curiously. Suddenly, Percy leaned in to kiss me.

As his lips were touching mine, I felt fireworks in my stomach. I always wanted to know how a kiss was like but..Percy is not the right guy..right? But why do I want to kiss him so much? Suddenly, all the times we had together played through my mind. Wait, why was this happening?

Percy's lips touched mine and I pushed him away. I shook my head and walked into my house.

I ran into my room and locked my door. I jumped to my bed and put a pillow to my face. "URGH!" I shouted as loud as I can. 

"Percy..and me? Do I like him? I don't right?" I asked myself. Then I found out I had liked him ever since I started talking.

What am I doing? I sworn to myself I would never have feelings for a guy anymore after what happened to me a few years ago. I looked out of my window and saw Percy in a very bad mood.

He kicked his car and covered his face. Was he really angry? "I'm such an idiot!" Percy yelled. I walked back to my bed and covered my face wondering if I should stop talking again.

DING DONG!

"Eloise! The door's for you," Megan yelled. I got out of my room, wondering if it was Ashley. But no..it was Percy.

"I'm going out," Megan said as she walked out and Percy walked in, closing the door behind him. "Look, I really like you and --" Percy said, coming closer to me. "Don't Percy, don't do this," I said. 

"Did you know that I liked you ever since I first saw you walk into class. When you first moved here. I thought you were so beautiful and I always wanted to talk to you but you started being weird and I just didn't really like you anymore but now I understand why I liked you," Percy said

"And when I touched your hair the other day, I thought you were one of the bitchy girls but no, you didn't like it when I did that. That's when I liked you more. I hate girls who are so bitchy, they're annoying," Percy said.

"Will you be mine?" Percy asked, smiling from ear to ear. "You think I will be in a realationship with you after what you did to those girls, you cheat on them Percy!" I said angrily. 

Then, Percy quickly held my cheeks and kissed me. I could feel myself in another world filled with chocolate and sweets. 

I put my arms around his neck and kissed him back. We pulled away from the kiss and Percy asked happily, "So that is a yes?".

"If only you won't treat me like how you treat those bitches," I smiled. "I promise," Percy said.