The Card ( 1x07 ) part 1

Start from the beginning

"I can tell all that by reading their badges." he said as he showed his runes on his arm. "Better than binoculars. Anyways, Luke had his chance. Let's go."

"Wait !" Clary said as she grabbed his hand to stop him. "Luke said he wasn't the only Downworlder at the station. We can't glamour ourselves, they'll see us anyways and it's too risky."

"You're right. Better to assume that everybody has the Sight than gamble that they don't." Jace said.

"I've got a plan." Clary told him.

Jace arched his eyebrows and smirked. "A good plan I hope ?"

"90%. Just follow my lead." she answered as she started walking towards the police station.

"What about the other 10% ?" Jace asked as he followed her.

"I apologize for them."

Jace frowned, confused by that answer. Whatever the plan she had, he bet it wasn't as good as she claimed it was.

They both made it to the reception because Clary was recognized as Luke's step-daughter. As they walked through the large police station, Clary and Jace kept their eyes open, in case they saw any of Valentine's spies or any signs of a Downworlder.

Once they made it to his office, they saw three officers stare at them when they appeared at the entrance. Clary stopped in her tracks and turned around to face Jace.

"You son of a bitch !" she yelled before she slapped him. "Stop following me !"

"Hey, aren't we supposed to be discreet ?" Jace whispered to her as he grabbed her arm.

The officers approached them when Clary freed her arm from his grip and stepped away from Jace.

"What did you just say ? You cheated on me ?"

"I...uh ?" Jace stuttered as two officers held him back when he tried to reach for Clary. "I did not."

Their little scene caught the attention of Luke's teammate, Detective Vargas. She walked up to Clary and frowned when she looked at Jace.

"You will never see me at your crappy apartment again." Clary continued her scene as she went through Luke's desk.

"That girl means nothing to me." Jace said.

"Is that the boyfriend that I heard so much about ?" Detective Vargas asked Clary as she folded her arms across her chest.

"Nope, not anymore. I'm dumping him." Clary answered. "Where's all of Luke's stuff ?"

"IA took everything to the evidence vault upstairs. What are you looking for ?"

"I...uh...I lost a house key and Luke normally keeps a spare in his desk, so is there any way I can get it ?"

Detective Vargas shook her head. "Not until he's cleared."

"Cleared ? Of what ?"

Although she had seen him being taken away, Clary didn't know why they were accusing Luke for something he probably didn't do.

"Don't worry about it. We'll get it handled."