"Two around the corner," Val reported, doing a quick scan. The barrel of a gun poked around the corner, and Val snorted. She kicked through the wall as Jaden ducked a bullet, and the debris knocked their attackers backwards as it flew at them. Val's fingers closed around a man's neck, and there was a sickening crack as his scream was cut off.

      A blow to the back of her head stunned her momentarily, and she blinked hard as the woman in the white coat with the second gun cocked the gun to fire. But she was thrown into the wall and held there by Jaden's large hand, "So sorry, ma'am," he shrugged, giving her a regretful smile as Val's hand snatched up the man's gun and fired it. The woman's head exploded, splashing Jaden in the chest and staining his clothes a cheerful red.

       Krell, who had been beside Jaden, covered his mouth with a hand as he dry heaved. The sputtering blood stained his shoes and spattered his face, and he wiped it frantically from his cheek, "Ew ew ew ew EW!!"

     Val's lip curled as her ears picked up the faintest click. She thrusted Krell backwards into the wall as a bullet exploded where his head had been a split second before. She spun around, her gun blasting through the wall where the shot had come from. It was replied to with a barrage of bullets that made them all dive for cover.

      Flare looked up to Val, "How good is your throwing arm?"

      "Mechanics and tech make my aim flawless, why?"

       "See that hole in the wall? Throw this grenade through it," Flare pulled the pin from the top, tossing it to her. Val caught it in her left hand, pitching it easily through the hole that it barely fit through. It exploded, blowing out the walls, and the gunfire stopped with a scream.

      "You know, this is much cooler reading in books than doing it in real life," Krell spoke up as they ran past the horribly disfigured body around the demolished corner, "I mean... you don't get covered in icky stuff while reading."

       Val snorted distastefully at him, and he shut up. They reached passed a room with a tiny child inside of it, and Krell picked her up in his arms, "I'll be right back."

       Flare heaved the bag from her shoulder, and it clattered to the floor, "I'll give it a two minute countdown and bolt it to the floor," she did so as she spoke, and Jaden gave a nod of approval.

      "Krone and Fleck are already outside," he informed them, his eyes flickering over the doorway in lookout for any danger.

      "There's four people coming, heavily armed and armored," Val could see them through the lens over her eye, "They're a few walls back, but they're heading this way. Should I take care of them?"

        "I'll come with you," Jaden said, and she rolled her eyes.

         "If you must." She ran around the corner, and the sound of gunfire filled the air. Bullets burst through walls, echoing with the shouts of her enemies. She swiped out a leg, tripping one up. This caused a hole in the gunfire, and Jaden clipped a second man in the face with a fist so hard it dropped him like a rock. The gunfire was turned onto Jaden, giving Val an opportunity to snap the man's neck and catch the woman in the back of the knee with a dagger. The life didn't cut completely through her armor, so the move unbalanced her.

       Unfortunately, falling beside Val was as bad as falling in front of a striking cobra. There was a sickening crack, and the woman went limp as Val rolled onto her feet. She inhaled sharply as a bullet sliced straight through her lower arm, and she found a gun barrel aimed at her head.

     But the attacker's head snapped back as Jaden brought his foot up into the man's chin. He fell over, and Jaden's fist came down on his chest. Ribs cracked, and Val rolled over on top of him to stab her knife through his forehead.