When Do You Want to Start Training?

Back to Natsu and Lucy:

Lucy opened her eyes. Something had woken her - she just wasn't sure what. Natsu lay beside her, his arm wrapped around her waist, snoring softly. It was still dark outside the tent. Frowning, she gently removed Natsu's arm from her waist and he rolled over, tucking his hand underneath his head. She took a moment to gently smile at him and how cute he looked.

Giving a quiet sigh, she grabbed her pouch with her keys in it and slowly approached the flap of the tent. She found herself gripping Leo's key - he was more than ready to deal with any situation and readily adapt his fighting style. That, and he was one of her stronger spirits.

Glancing down, she was grateful she was fully dressed. It had been Natsu's idea, so all they had to do was pack up the tent and move out in the morning. Well, almost, she smirked, looking at her bare feet. A Lucy kick might not be as effective without her boots, but she had other things up her sleeve.

Taking a deep breath, she moved the flap of the tent and saw a soft glow coming from a nearby tree.

"Lucy," breathed a male voice. "It's okay - it's me."

"Loki! What are you doing here?" asked Lucy as soon as she cleared the flap of the tent. She didn't want to wake Natsu unless she had to. He might not be too happy Loki was visiting her right now, even if he was her spirit.

"So, you and Natsu are a thing," Loki said with a smile, leaning back up against the tree. "Congratulations!"

"Um, thanks. Why are you here?"

Loki smiled. "Virgo told me you were wanting to train, to become stronger."

"Oh," Lucy replied, blushing. "Well, yes, I do." She sighed. "I'm tired of being one of the weaker ones in the guild."' She held up a hand as Loki began to speak. 'I know, I know - I have heart and spirit. I've heard that enough," she said, rolling her eyes. "I'm tired of all my spirits doing the work or having Natsu save me time and time again. I mean, I know he's a dragon slayer but some days, I feel like little Asuka has more power than me! I want to learn some way to fight alongside my spirits - not just with a whip or a Lucy Kick either."

Loki nodded once she finished. "No, I think that's a very smart idea. I mean, now that Natsu has marked you, you will need to be more prepared. Think about how many times Natsu is challenged. Now that you're his mate, you'll either be challenged or expected to fight alongside him."

Lucy let out a sigh of relief. "I"m so glad you know what I'm talking about! I was kinda worried you might be upset with me."

"Why would I be upset?"

"Well, you know I love you guys and I'm amazed by your skills and abilities....but I was worried if I said I was the one who wanted to be more powerful, it wouldn't be well received." She looked down at the ground, embarrassed.

Loki reached over and with his two fingers under her chin, lifted her head up to face him. "Lucy, you would never disappoint any of us. We love you. You don't realize the untapped power you have. With the right training, we can make that happen."

"Thanks, Loki," she replied with a smile, leaning in to hug him. "It means the world to me that my spirits are okay with me fighting alongside them!"

Loki gave her a quick squeeze and let her go. "Wouldn't want Natsu to get the wrong idea," he chuckled.

"Yeah," Lucy replied, her face blushing.

"So, when do you want to start training?" Loki asked. "I think it would be best if we brought you into the Celestial World for the training I have in mind."

"And that time moves differently in the Celestial World than Earthland time," Lucy murmured, looking back over at the tent and thinking of Natsu.

Loki nodded. "So you will be gone for a little bit. Will that be okay?"

Lucy chewed her bottom lip thoughtfully. She wanted desperately to show her guild, her spirits and especially Natsu that she could defend herself and that she wasn't a weak member. However, with Natsu marking her and his insecurity right now about their relationship, it made it hard. Plus, with what Crux said about needing to be near his mate...

She looked up at Loki. "I'm sure you know that Natsu and I are on the way to the Magic Library. And you probably know why," she continued, blushing. "We need to get that matter settled. Then, I want to start training as soon as possible!"

Loki nodded, pushing his glasses up with his forefinger and standing up straight. "You just let me know and we'll start. We'll be looking forward to it!"

With that statement, Loki disappeared in a flash of golden light.

Lucy sighed. She desperately wanted to start training now, but what would Natsu think? She didn't want to jeopardize their relationship already! She absentmindedly touched her dragon mark.

"Luce," a sleepy voice called her name and Natsu's face peeked out the tent flap. "What's up? Are you okay?"

"Be right there, Natsu," Lucy replied gently, glancing up at the sky. It was just starting to get light. She shrugged - no time like the present and if Natsu was already awake, it would be easier to get things going.