Chapter 16 - Not His

Start from the beginning

Someone's jealous.

"What?" I hiss at Jungkook. "You said I'm yours later, not now, remember?" He rolls his eyes.

"You're mine when your talking to other guys too okay?" He says, stabbing his food with a fork.

"Chill dude," I say. "I'm yours, we're just talking about dance." Our conversation is suddenly interrupted.

"Jungkook," Hoseok says. "I thought Ai-yeon was dating Tae. Why have you been holding her hand all evening?" He's asking the question the rest of them want to know. Jungkook's face flushes red. I can tell he's awkward and start sniggering under my breath.

"Well," he stutters. "Because when we're in America, she's my girl not his." When saying his, he sounds so spiteful.

"We better not hear you two having sex in the middle of the night," Jimin laughs.

"If you're going hear anyone having sex during the night, it's you two," Jungkook jokes back.

"No you won't," Jimin says rather aggressively, which confuses Jungkook and Namjoon as they are the only two who don't know. Sam puts her hand on his arm which cools him down straight away then he apologises to her. I notice everyone's finished eating. Jungkook stand up and takes his glasses off.

I know what this means you're about to do Jungkook.

"I'm going to take a breather before pudding," Jungkook says and walks out the front of the restaurant. The others nod. They can sense there's something wrong. I wait until he's gone then stand up myself.

"I'm going to go out too," I tell them then leave.

Jungkook is sat on the steps up to the restaurant, a cigarette in hand. He breathes in again, sucking the fumes and tar in along with air. I don't want to approach him, he seems angry but I know I have to. I take a step forwards.

"I know you're there, Ai-yeon," he says. I can't help but freeze. "Come and sit down." He takes another puff.

I walk over and sit down. He has his phone on his lap face down. His hair is messy like he's been running his aids through it, frustrated. He has a red line on his forehead as if he's been holding it in his hand. He breathes in the smoke again. I just watch him.

"You're not going to question me?" He laughs. "Or stop me?" I say nothing just shake my head. He continues to look into the sky.

"The sunset's beautiful," he says. "It makes me feel so peaceful." I nod, not wanting to ruin the mood. "You know my favourite colour is the purple colour that appears in the sun set." He points towards the open beach. I nod once again.

Why are you talking so sadly? Jungkook tell me what's wrong.

"You I thought when we came out here I'd be able to escape my family," he sighs. I nod. "But my mother texted me."

That's what's wrong isn't it. What his mother told him.

"She's still insisting that I marry," he sniffs. "She's even got a list of girls for me to meet." He sighs, a drop of water relinquishes itself from his eye.
"I don't want to get married," he sobs. "I want something else. I want you." He wipes the tears from his eyes and looks at me.
"Sorry that was cringey," he smiles.

"Its alright, my story is already very cringey," I smile back. There's a moment of silence where to two of us just stare into each others eyes. He holds my face in his hand and I place my paw over the top.
"I promise, when we go back to Korea, I'll break up with Tae," I promise. He nods his hand then rests his forehead on mine. He breathes out and the smell of tabacco drifts up my nose, it's disgusting yet pleasant. The smell is something I've grown used to. It comforts me. It makes me feel happy. It makes me feel loved. His tabacco ridden lips connect with my own. They taste sweet like cola. They feel soft. The noise of our lips pressing together is tender and sweet.

We press our lips together. The cold air has made them dry and chapped. Our faces are cold against one another. My cheeks a light shade of red from the air and my hands are beginning to go numb. He wraps his still warm hands around my waist and pulls me closer. His heavy breathing causes my cheeks to warm up and my breathing to increase. I run out of breathe causing me to squeak a moan. I pull back instinctively. My cheeks have gone from pale pink to a colour that shows my true desire.

"I'm sorry," he says stroking my arm. I stay silent, too shy to say anything.

What have you done to me Jungkook? I used to be so confident, but you make me feel so shy. Is this what our love is?

"I was going to invite you in to order pudding," Jimin's voice says as he looks at us from the top of the stairs. I blush realising he must have seen that kiss.
"But I think you too had a free pudding without us," he smirks sassily.

"Shut up," Jungkook says jokingly. "My pudding was nice thank you very much." My cheeks boil so much that they must be the colour of a strawberry.

"It sure looked like it," Jimin responds putting his thumb on his nose wiggling his fingers and sticking his tongue out. I inevitably laugh.

He'll make a good Dad.

***

We finish our dinner and head home. Now me and Jungkook have changed into our pyjamas, but I'm sat on the bathroom floor. My face is free from makeup and I'm scared, even though Jungkook's seen me without it on before. I lean over the sink to look into the mirror.

"Is this really what I look like?" I say, blowing a stray piece of hair off of my face. I have light brown hair and light brown eyes with a few freckles across my nose. I'm nothing special. I look like every other girl. I'm not even skinny, if anything I'm a little overweight. I don't understand why guys are fighting over me. I sit on the floor for a little longer.

Eventually I gather the courage to head outside. I see Jungkook. He's lying on the bed reading a book. His fake glasses are sitting on the end of his nose. He must have forgotten he's wearing them. I walk over and sit on the bed. I cuddle into his chest.

Why does he like me? There are so many other girls out there. Why me?

"Jungkook?" I say. He nods. "Why do you like me?" He shuts his book and sits cross legged in front if me. I sit cross legged facing him too.

"Because you're perfect," he says simply. He must see by my facial expression that it's not enough. "You're beautiful, you have big eyes and long eyelashes. You're a cute height that tucks directly under my chin. You have a wonderful figure even though you aren't a twig. Your legs are long. But better than that you're a caring person. You are someone I have to compete with and for. You challenge me and help me realise there's more to life than what's in front of me. You're what's keeping me alive. That is why I love you."

"You love me?" I ask. My cheeks redder than ever before.

"Yes Ai-yeon," he nods. "I love you so much."

"I love you too," I say. We turn our head and kiss in front of the stars.

(A/N: I think I just wrote a chapter where no-one swears 😂

(A/N: I think I just wrote a chapter where no-one swears 😂. Extra chapter because: Happy New Year!)