Chapter 42

Albus's point of view

Albus woke up slowly. He couldn't see things clear. He was lying on something soft that he found comfortable. Was this all a dream? Was he in heaven or something? He rubbed his eyes and sat up halfway. He was in a bed he noticed. Then he found Scorpius sitting on a chair beside him.

"Hey," said Scorpius and gave him a smile. "How are you feeling?"

"Scorpius! Where am I? What happened? Where's Delphi?"

"You're in the hospital wing, safe. Delphi is dead."

"What?! How? What happened?" Scorpius took a deep breath.

"I think you're the only one who can answer that. We found you in the forest. I... I thought you were dead. I saw her casting the killing curse. I'm not sure if she did it properly though." At this point, Albus knew exactly what happened.

"It's a long story. I'll share it with you if you promise not to interrupt me," he said and sat up straight.

Albus shared the whole story from the beginning in details. Everything Delphi told him about her "disease" and how she got it. He even told him that she wanted to use Scorpius as a threat, which was why he avoided the truth back then. Scorpius was speechless by hearing it.

"Which means all the torture she caused you... killed her," he said. "That's why the killing curse didn't work. She was too weak."

"But why do you think she tried when she obviously knew that it would kill her?" Albus asked in confusion. Scorpius thought about it for a moment.

"Maybe it was some kind of suicide for her. And she let it out on you because you refused to help her..." Before he could continue he took a seat on the edge of the bed to give Albus a hug. He held him for a long time before releasing him. "I'm glad that you're okay. Are you hurt?"

"Just a bit. Better than before," said Albus. "How did you find me?"

"First I noticed that you weren't anywhere in the castle. Then I found your letters from... Delphi. So we went to the hog's head to look for you. When we realized you weren't there we went desperately looking for you all over the place. And then we found you."

"We?" said Albus curiously.

"Me and our dads."

"My dad was here?" Scorpius nodded.

"He's outside here. Your mum is coming too," he told him. "Your dad has been checking on you every single day since we found you. I've seen him crying and begging for you to wake up. I felt the same way to be honest."

"So you've been here often?" 

"More than you think. Sometimes I would fall asleep in here," said Scorpius. "Speaking of our dads. Have you heard the news?"

"No... what is that?" Albus had almost forgotten they were dating.

"They broke up," Scorpius said shifting closer to him. "You know what that means." Albus could read by his eyes what he meant by that. There was just one problem.

"What about you and Bianca?" he asked in confusion.

"She broke up with me. Or... we did it together." Albus couldn't tell if it was good or bad.

"Why?" Scorpius smiled at him.

"It's obvious isn't it? She knew that my heart belonged to someone else." Albus was touched. He couldn't help but smile, and let his forehead rest against Scorpius'. "If you're still in of course."

"Shut up and kiss me," Albus whispered and with no hesitation their lips were locked onto each other and they ended up snogging.

__________________________________________

This chapter is very long in the original version so I'm going to cut it here and continue in the next part.

Det här kapitlet är väldigt långt i originalet så jag tänker avsluta här och fortsätta skriva i nästa del.

Somewhere Only We Know (Scorbus & Drarry)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara