Cornelius scratched his head. He forgot to tell her about Mating Season and how it affected the males and females.

"This happens every Mating Season when uh...male and female...you know..."

By now Cornelius was a blushing mess and it seemed the message got across Nova because she looked away and flushed bright red.

Gio and Arwyna had different thoughts about what they were seeing.

Gio cheered for his uncles when Livius slammed the male to a tree and Ryker did a round of poundings on the other male. He thought that this was a game and did the only thing a boy of his age would do...watch and learn.

Arwyna was confused and frightened at the same time. She really didn't know her uncles would be this violent especially to other apes.

Was this because of the spring fever?

Kira saw the same look Cornelius and Blue Eyes gave her when they were young and shook her head.

Looks like the talk is going to happen.

Her gaze snapped to the sound of the males groaning in pain and Ryker along with Livius standing beside wide eyed Amy and Adeline.

The crowd began to disperse and Adeline regained her composure "You really love making a scene do you?!" Ryker grumbled and looked straight into her eyes.

"At least this one gives a perfectly clear message that YOU are stuck with ME"

To say Amy was stunned was an understatement. She was top speechless to see her friend blushing bright red.

Adeline was rendered speechless at his declaration and made no move to push him away when he dragged her away to who knows where.

Amy looked at Livius who suddenly turned back into his old self and hooted "So...do you still want to go with me to the Meadow Grass?" Amy smiled and took his hand.

"I was afraid you were never going to ask. You were pretty...ape-ish back there"

Livius grinned before he took her away. Gio and Arwyna looked at Kira and Caesar "What happened back there?" Kira shrugged before she lightly pushed a pouting Caesar away.

"Ask your parents" Gio and Arwyna looked at each other before hooting out "Mommy said that daddy has this spring fever" Kira blinked before she turned to Caesar.

"Give me a moment with them by the riverbank and try not to get any ideas of following me"

Caesar reluctantly nodded before Kira took her grandson and granddaughter away to a secluded place.

***

Gio and Arwyna sat down each beside Kira and waiting expectantly for her to talk as if she was going to tell a story again.

"When males and females hit a certain age of...maturity they tend to find their mates around this particular season"

Arwyna cut her off "What do you mean?" Kira scratched her head. They were still so...young.

"It means that you find your uh...soul mate or your partner"

Gio gagged "Does this always happen? Will this happen to me?" Kira nodded making Gio look at his aunt in disgust "Having an annoying sister is one thing but being with a female sounds so wrong, not that I don't like you or aunt Nova" Arwyna glared at him.

"What does that suppose to mean?!" Gio struck his tongue out. Kira sighed "When you find that someone, you'll understand. For now, go play with the other children, I have a feeling your grandpa Caesar is already looking for me" Giving Kira a kids in both her cheeks, the siblings raced off.

When I first had that with Cornelius and Blue Eyes...those conversations really paid off.

It didn't take long for Kira to hear the footsteps of her husband as he emerged from the trees "Remind me to castrate you when we get back to the nest" Caesar gruffed and sat down.

"They are bound to know at some point, they are the children of our son after all"

Kira shook her head and leaned against Caesar "To be young and in love..." She hooted out a quote from one of the humans that spoke those words.

"You make it sound like we're getting old" Kira quirked up her mouth "Shut...listen...nature" She managed to choke out.

"And you still have the impulse to talk even when the ape doctors told you not too"

Kira's response was a deep hum before she took a nap in the arms of her beloved and the sound of nature around them.