Mama

{Nina's P.O.V}

I had to be at Paul's in an hour and I hadn't even started getting ready.

Paul's to blame because since he had told me that he liked me too, I couldn't stop thinking about him. But he had a girlfriend now. There was nothing to be done. I had lost me chance.

But that doesn't mean that we couldn't be best friends!

Just when I was about to sink back into my deep thoughts, my phone rang.

It was my mother.

"мама" I said into the phone, delighted.

"Nikolina." My mom said.

"How are you mom?" I asked her, jumping up from the couch and heading to my dresser.

"I'm good, Nikolina. I miss you a lot. Your dad does too." She said.

"I miss you both too, Mama." I said, picking out my outfit. Jeans and a tank top.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"I'm getting ready to go to Paul's." I said.

"Paul? The one that you like?" Mom asked me.

"MAMA!! Who told you that?!" I asked, my eyes widened.

"Oh come on, Nikolina. Whenever we call you, you never fail to talk about him. And when you do, I can hear it in your voice. You like him, don't you?" She asked me.

I sighed. She saw right through me. "I do." 

"But he has a girlfriend." I said sadly.

"That's too bad. I've seen you two both. You look great together." Mom said.

"Thanks Mama. But it's too late now. Anyway. How's dad?" I asked her, simultaneously putting on some make up.

"Busy." 

"Alright. So what else is going on?" I asked her.

"Nothing as of right now but I'll let you get back to getting ready. We can talk later."

"No mama. It's nothing. I can talk now." 

"It's okay, Nikolina. There's always later. You get ready. Paul must be waiting." I could feel her smiling on the other end of the line.

"Okay Mama. Bye." I said before hanging up.

Paul must be waiting.

I quickly rummaged through my closet trying to find a cardigan.

Spotting it, I picked up my phone to text Paul.

Be there in 15 minutes. I texted him

He texted back almost immediately, I am waiting.

I smile at my phone screen, before grabbing my keys and my wallet and heading out the door.

----------------------------------------------------

I pull into Paul's driveway.

Gathering my stuff and of course the ice cream, I walk towards the door, knocking twice.

"There you are." Paul says opening the door.