Two

Estélle thought as she walked to school. She thought about many things, like the recent partial solar eclipse in the U.S and when the next one would be, what book she should start reading now she'd finished 'The Book Thief' by Markus Zusak for the umpteenth time, and who her new classmates would be this September.
Apart from her form class, they were shuffled ever year, and so far in her two years of secondary school, she'd had a mix of good and bad.
////////////////////////////////////////
She pondered these things (and many more) as she continued her 10-minute walk to Westside. As she neared the school, however, she saw an unfamiliar face.
The face in question was studying a piece of paper carefully. Estélle assumed they were new, and walked over to them.
'Are you lost?'
'Uh... I guess...?' Was the person's response.
'Is that your timetable?'
'Yeah.'
'Can I see it?' Estélle asked, realizing that this person was not walking away from her.
'Sure.' They passed over the paper, and Estélle studied it. She realized that they had every class together, so she told the new kid to stick with her.
'Estélle Vermont.' she said, sticking out her hand.
'Jackie Roberts.' she responded, shaking the other's hand.
Jackie Roberts....
She rolled the words around on her tongue, getting used to it.
She thought.....
She thought she might've actually made a friend.
Such a foreign concept to her; making a friend.
But she did it, somehow.
////////////////////////////////////////
I'm a disappointment.
I feel so bad that I've been working on this for ages and it's 205 words long.
I just....
I just feel so, so sorry.
But, anyhoo, this chapter is short, but that's because I find it really hard to extend chapters once I get to an ending point.
Right, I'll be back.....
Someday.
WORD COUNT: 205