Kitchen trouble

(Part of this whole story was true. And other parts just came out from my head. Anyway, to my friends who can read this, forgive me for using your names as my character in this story. I just feel like I wanted your names in this which is a mixture of true to life story and purely imagination.:D )

CHAPTER FOUR: Kitchen trouble

When Josiah asked me what happened between me and JD, I told him our story. There's no point lying to him anyway. He will find it out. And there's no point not telling him. He is such a pushy. He will not let me go until he gets what he wants.

"He's bad." Josiah said grimly after hearing my story. But I still have this feeling that I have to defend JD, though.

"Nah.. Maybe I have done something wrong to him then and I never realized it, that's why. Anyway, who will not get sick to be best friends with a fat ugly ass and klutz like me?" I muttered under my breath in a matter-of-fact manner.

"Don't you think you're a little bit too harsh on yourself Krissy? You're not ugly." with serious tone he said. His eyes are now boring into mine. I bit my lower lip as I see annoyance in those big eyes. Whenever I say negative things about myself, he gets annoyed.

"And you're not fat." He added. I looked at him with disbelief. Was that a kind of compliment? Surely it isn't. Josiah has been pushing me to go on jogging or walking or do some exercise because he said I am getting bigger which I took seriously that was why I jog every morning with him. And now he is telling me I am not fat? Who is he kidding?! Come on! That mind of his really needs sorting out.

"You said I am getting bigger." I said looking at him with my eyebrows raised.

He sneered. "Well, yeah... I indeed said that but I never said that you are fat like what you have been claiming since I met you."

I smirked back at him. "You know what? You don't have to say that. You'll get a Gelato ice cream later, don't worry dear. But thanks anyway, that made me feel better though."

"Why don't you believe me?" Josiah asked as he frustratingly run his fingers through his tussled dark wavy hair. Hmmm. I really like his hair.

"Believe me Jo, I do believe you. And I believe you just said it so I can feel better of myself. I did thank you, right?" I winked.

He gritted his teeth before speaking again. "No, I didn't say that to make you feel better Krissy. I said it because that's a fact you can't see." He said firmly with eyes widening on me. Really? This kid is widening his eyes on me? Where's the respect now being the younger one?

"Why are you widening your eyes on me then Josiah? Don't forget I am three years older than you. Pay respect." I hollered reminding him of the fact that he forgets to see. Well, I am just teasing him. I am not really mad. He seemed to be digesting my words after a second.

"Oh!" he said after three seconds. "Sorry then if I am gawking at you. My eyes are just really big, you know. Anyway, we're getting far from the original topic."

"What was our topic?" I confusedly asked.

"You and JD."

"Oh, right. But I already answered you didn't I?"

"Yeah, but... uhm.. have you forgiven him?" he asked reluctantly.

Have I forgiven him?

That was a question I already answered to myself years ago. Yes, of course I had forgiven him even though he isn't saying sorry for dumping me, his best friend. I mean, who am I not to forgive people? God has forgiven me so I must forgive others. I sounded like a religious sister but that's the truth. Who am I not to forgive him?