Who was JD in my life?

CHAPTER THREE: Who was JD in my life?

The moment I sat in Josiah’s car, my thoughts again are somewhere in nowhere. I moved my eyes to the window looking outside, filling my mind with the things I supposedly be thinking right now. Like how to talk with my Mom and Pop… I am really planning to have a heart-to-heart talk with them tonight. So I must really be thinking on how I will start making a sensible conversation with them. But sad to say, all I can think now was the man seated in front of me, beside the driver. This is really so annoying.

 I do have a lot of questions right now. Questions that only JD can answer. Like what is he doing here again? I mean, after seven long years of being non-existent, what kind of air brought him again here? Would he ask me for a second chance? Would he be sorry for leaving me just like that?

I kind of face-palmed myself when I realized I am thinking way too much.

“Hey, are you okay?” asked the man who’s spinning my head up.

I saw JD glanced at me. Before I could answer, Josiah let out a teasing laugh and said, “Man! I can smell something here!” Josiah then glanced back and forth towards me and JD making me uncomfortable that I just wanted to punch him in the face.

“Have you brushed your teeth Josiah? Maybe that’s what you can smell, your breath.” I cracked at him. Josiah glanced at me in the mirror and I returned his gazed with a sullen stare to shut him up.

“Okaay! I’ll shut up now.” Said Josiah motioning to zip his mouth now as he wink at me.

“Good. Turn left Josiah. On the first building, you stop.” I instructed the driver which happened to be Josiah, before I forgot that I have to give the CDs to Dr. Oreal.

I stopped looking in front. I focus my gaze in the CDs I am currently holding; still setting up my mind of the things I apparently should be thinking. I am so so distracted right now! Uhhrrgghhh!

But hey, this is what I want right? I want a distraction! But not this kind of distraction, says one voice in my mind. I nod in agreement with that voice.

“Right. Not this kind of distraction.” I never meant to voice it out but hell, I did.That was so embarrassing! Maybe they are thinking I am a crazy woman talking to myself. Ahh!

The two guys just stare at me with baffled look all over their face.

“Nah! I’m talking to myself. Just drive now Josiah and JD, stop staring. Staring is rude, you know.” Face-palmed again, I said it. I hope my little hands had covered my already reddening face!

“Uhm. Krissy. We’re here. In the clinic.” Josiah told me slowly. I glanced at the window and presto! We’re really here in the clinic.

“Oh, right. Just wait me up here.” Still ashamed of my obvious stupidity, I succeeded not to stammer. I walked out of the car and made my way into the clinic. But before I could hold the door knob, Paul, Dr. Ordeal’s nurse-secretary went out and greeted me.

“Hi there Krissy. How are you?” Paul asked me without hiding his smile. The smile that girls are running after him.

“Hi Paul. Oh, I’m better than yesterday I guess…” I answered back even though at the back of my mind I am better yesterday than today because of… uh. Oh. I am near to blaming others again. Never mind. I realized that I am a pretty good liar now. Paul seemed to buy it. Or he just doesn’t really care.

“Do you have the CDs?” Paul asked again.

“Yeah. Here. Can you do me a favor Paul? Can you give it to Dr. Ordeal tonight? Please??”