1.

The strong and sweet smell of coffee flooded my senses. I kept my hand lightly curled around the warm paper cup for easy access. Yieun, my sister, had left our table a couple minutes ago to make a few quick calls to her friends she's seeing later today, leaving me to sit here alone and wait for her to return.

The hot liquid in the cup was a nice change to the freezing feeling just a little bit ago when entering the coffee shop. The sharp winter wind would nip at any exposed skin. I brought the cup to my lips and slowly tilted, filling me with even more warmth from the liquid. It was one of my favorite feelings.

  "Ah, WinWinnie," Yieun said earlier this morning as she buttoned my coat, "you can't be kept inside all day! Let me take for some coffee?"

It was nice to get out of the house. Although, I didn't act like it at first since I give her a hard time; being the stubborn younger brother. Yieun is now in college and was coming home for the holidays. I still have another week of school before I get off on break during my eleventh year. I don't usually get to go out that often, but Yieun wanted me to join her today.

Even though we aren't blood related, I feel like Yieun and I were meant to be siblings. I was adopted when I was fairly young. I can't recall much of anything before being with the family I have, except leaving the orphanage. They treat me like their own.

The sound of footsteps approached my table. "Yieun?" I asked, not turning my head. I second guessed myself, considering the footsteps didn't sound quite as light like how Yieun's usually sound.

"Nope," a male voice replied.

"You don't seem familiar," I commented. My headed cocked to the side. "Do I know you?"

"Doubtfully." The stranger took a step closer. "Let me introduce myself. My name is Yuta." I could here the smile he played on his words. "Who are you?"

"Sicheng, but my friends call me WinWin."

"So, WinWin-" he started, clear confidence showing.

"I said my friends call me that."

Yuta stopped for a second, then let out a small chuckle. "Sicheng, I couldn't help but notice you staring in my direction." Yuta scooted out the chair in front of me and took a seat. "I had trouble taking my eyes off you too. How about you and me go and see a movie together sometime?"

I let a sly smirk show on my face. "Well, it's hard not to stare."

Yuta huffed a laugh, making it seem like he was starting to feel cocky.

"Considering I'm blind," I finished.

The atmosphere between us became still and almost tense, but I laughed on the inside. The feeling that fills the air after people find out is always the same.

"Damn," I could hear Yuta mutter. "I mean, I'm sorry... I didn't know."

"There's no point in apologizing. Like you said, you didn't know."

"How did you even get here?"

"My sister brought me." My elbows found their way to the table and I rested my chin in my hands.

I heard Yuta's jacket flatten against the chair as if he was leaning back. "I guess that means no on a movie."

I sighed. "Even if I could see, it would still be a no on the movie." I let my arms cross as they dropped from my chin. "Sorry, but I don't swing that way."

"No—no, it doesn't have to be like that. I was just messing with you since I thought you were staring at me. I like girls, I swear."

"So, you like to tease people who like those of the same gender?" The edge of my mouth twisted up from amusement while I challenged him.

"No! I didn't mean it like that." The chair he sat in squeaked as it was pushed out. "I'm sorry to bother you, Sicheng. I'll get going now."

Yuta's shoes scuffed on the floor as he turned. "Hey," I called to him, feeling a bit guilty. I didn't mean to upset him. "I'm blind, but I still enjoy movies."

Even though there was no way of me seeing, I could almost feel the fact that a genuine smile spread on Yuta's face.

"How about we meet at the theater around the corner at five?" I considered.

"Sounds like a plan," Yuta replied. "Will you have a ride?"

"My sister's home for this month. I'll be fine." A mischievous smile played on my face. "It's a date!"

Yuta's footsteps could be heard walking away, and a short, breathy laugh. "You wish."

~ ~ ~

(A/N): ayee the opening to a new book! I just want to say, thank you so much for 1k followers! You make me so incredibly happy omggg I hope this book turns out well. I've been planning it for sooo long now. I think I even thought about it before I started writing my NCT Imagines book. Anyway, enough of me going on and on, just one more huge thanks! Love you~