words fail

i never meant to make it such a mess;
i never meant for it to go this far;
so i just stand here, sorry;
searching for something to say;

something to say;

'words fail' - dear evan hansen soundtrack

—————

carmen was going to kill ryan.

the little bastard had hacked into her computer and given it a virus, causing any unsaved stuff to be wiped. and why'd he do that? probably because she accidentally tore his favourite shirt.

he always does this. taking things to far, she angrily told herself. it was a fucking shirt, easily replaced. what was she supposed to do about her coursework?

carmen stormed downstairs and into the lounge, furiously scanning for her victim.

"where's the brat!" she shouted. tee and jody looked up from their respective places on the sofa.

"who?" tee asked as she closed her book.

"who'd you think? ryan," saying his name made her even madder than before.

"what's he done now?" tee frowned, she'd always butted heads with the younger boy.

"he managed to wipe all the coursework that i hadn't finished uploading to the cloud, among other things," carmen cried, crossing her arms.

"seriously? there better not have been much," came the angry reply.

"maybe not, but that isn't the principle tee," carmen snapped, "the point is, i could've had everything on there and it might've vanished like that," she snapped her fingers to emphasise her point.

"he always takes it too far and i'm sick of it! i'm having words the moment i see him,"

"well last i checked he was playing footy in the garden with bailey," jody piped up. she seemed eager to watch the drama unveil.

"perfect," carmen muttered, already walking into the kitchen. she could sense jody and tee right on her tail.

"oi ryan!"

said boy turned his head towards her and smirked,

"yeah carms?"

she practically growled at the once endearing nickname. and just like that, he's tainted it. the thought only made her angrier.

"in what universe did you think it was okay to infect my computer with a virus!" she shouted, getting closer to the boy. before he could reply, mike emerged at all of the chaos.

"what did you just say?" are we gonna completely ignore the issue here?

"ryan," she glared at the boy, "put a virus on my computer. anything unsaved on any platform has been completely wiped," she said murderously.

mike looked over at the boy in shock and then he looked away, face changing to a look of horror.

"no, no," he rambled, rushing back inside. the other residents in the garden followed him in confusion.