No escape

Bright
It was too bright in here I tried to lay on my side but pain scorched my stomach. I soon looked around and realized that this wasn't me and dicks bedroom. I was lying on a twin sized white bed with white sheets soaked  with blood covering the lower half of my body.
I tried to get up but I couldn't move my legs. Wait! I couldn't move my legs what was happening?! I resisted the pain in my  stomach enough to pull myself up onto the pillow behind me with my arms. I poked my leg only to discover I couldn't feel it. I tried to sit up more but even worse pain seared through my stomach causing me to let out a loud yelp.
Someone ran in the room and my eyes immediately lit up.
"Dick!"I yelled
He looked at me sadly and came to sit beside the bed.
"Hey em" He said quietly
I looked at him confused
"What happened dick?!"
Just then Barbra rolled in the room in her wheel chair with Cass and Damien by her side.
Babs and Cass looked at me with the same expression dick had given me. Damien just look away with an almost emotionless face.
"Almost" if you looked hard enough you could see a hint of sadness in his eyes.
"Guys what happened why can't I feel my legs"?
Dick looked like he was about to cry so barb took him out of the infirmary.
Cass walked up to me with a worried look on her face.
She sat down beside the bed.
"You went out to check out a lead on joker em"
"You had been gone to long so dick tried to track you down but you had been moved to a different warehouse"
"Ok Cass but why can't I feel my legs" I asked
She looked as if she would cry now
"They shot you em" she responded
"Oh so it's the pain killers that are numbing my legs"? I asked relieved
She shook her head on the verge of tears and responded
"The bullet hit your spine."
"Your paralyzed em"
I stared at the younger girl in shock before bursting into tears.
I would never fight crime again. I would never walk again. I would never go anywhere without a wheel Chair. Heck I couldn't even go on roller coasters anymore. I couldn't get on my tiptoes to give dick I kiss when he got home from patrol anymore. I couldn't get out of bed on my own and to top it all off I couldn't even use fucking stairs and there was nothing I could do about it! There was no escape... I cried into Cass's shoulder and eventually fell asleep.