15- Want You More

Jayden

My two weeks come to a close and I meet Tyler with twelve songs. The original plan was to take the best ten but he liked them all so I could keep all twelve on the album. Next we figure out the order of the songs and what instruments will be in them. Most of it was just acoustic guitar played by yours truly. But some of them required piano and drums and other things. They weren't all slow and sappy. Some of them were upbeat and happy so there was a little bit of everything in there.

It comes time to record and it goes along pretty easily. A lot of them were one takes although there were some layered tracks and background vocals. But nothing too crazy, some of the simplest things are most beautiful to me. And they weren't all perfect but I liked the raw emotion and mistakes that made the songs so unique.

I go into the sound booth to record a song and take a deep breath. This one was the last song I added to the list of songs and the last song on the album. It's the hardest one for me to write and perform so I was really hoping I could get through this and my voice wouldn't let me down.

"Are you ready" the producer asks.

"As ready as I will ever be" I sigh.

"Alrighty. This is I Want You More by Jayden Jay. All hands on deck. We are recording"

"Some people wish for money, fortune or fame
Some wish for something new to blame
I wish to somehow lessen the pain
I feel in my heart when I hear your name

How can someone who makes me so happy make me so sad
I didn't know wanting someone would hurt this bad
How am I losing something I never even had
I'm slowly losing my mind, this is driving me mad

I want you more than the stars want the sky
I want you more than I can give you reasons why
I want you more than can be seen by the eye
I want you bad, why can't we try

Some people wish for someone to hold
Some wish for someone to keep from the cold
I wish together we could have a future to mold
The thought of you and I together is something to behold.

If we shouldn't be together than why does it feels so right
To be in your arms talking throughout the night
You're holding onto me with all your might
But I can never be yours and that give me spite

I want you more than the stars want the sky
I want you more than I can give you reasons why
I want you more than can be seen by the eye
I want you bad, why can't we just try."

I finish the song and wait for the red light indicating that we were done. It comes on and I let out a long breath, thank god that was over.

"That was bloody depressing" a voice says over the intercom and I look up. I couldn't see who said that and I couldn't make it out based off his voice. I walk out the sound booth and nearly fall over when I see it was Ed Sheeran standing there with the microphone next to him. I really thought Tyler was kidding up until a second ago.

He smiles at me and waits for me to say something but I just stand there in shock.

"Not to freak you out, but you are freakishly talented" he starts and I laugh.

"Umm thanks. So are you" I say almost like a question causing him to laugh.

"Let me introduce myself, I'm Ed" he says sticking his hand out.