Chapter Four

"Beck." I whispered.

Beck was standing in the doorway. He didn't have any expression on his face. Which makes me wonder how long he has been there, and what have he might heard.

"What are you doing here? I thought you went home?" Tori said trying to sound chippy.

I glanced at her for a moment and then went back to looking at Beck. He didn't say anything for a moment. Which was really stressing me out. I wanted him to say something, anything. But at the same time. I didn't want him to talk at all.

He shifted to lean against the door frame and then looked down at his phone. He tapped the back of it in his hand and then held it up. "Well, I actually left my phone. Unlike Jade."

I sighed hearing this and then closed my eyes for a split second. "How long have you been standing there, Beck?" It was almost a whisper, but I knew he heard me because he responded.

"Long enough." He crossed his arms looking between us. We both were silent. Beck then stood up and cleared his throat. "I don't want to know anything. I just want to give my input on something's." He walked into the room now and tucked his phone in his pocket.

Tori and I looked at each other and then back at Beck. He wasn't that far from where he was standing before, maybe three feet.

"Figure out what this is, and do something about it. Because you're only hurting yourselves in the process." He said and then turned around to walk out again, but then stopped and turned his head slightly. "And Jade?"

I looked up from the ground and sucked in a breathe. I knew I didn't have to answer and he would still speak.

"Don't fuck up something good for you. And don't fuck with her feelings either."

Then he left.

-

I left shortly after that happened that night. I just went straight home and thought. Thought about all of what happened. Thought about what Tori said and what I felt.

I didn't know what to do.

Tori made me feel things. Things I never felt with Beck. She made my stomach knot and my heart race. I couldn't get enough from being around her. I've said this once and I'll say it again. I cannot explain it. I just can't. This feeling I can't express. And I'm not sure I like it. But at the same time, I want to feel it again.

That worries me.

It worries me because I want to be around her. I want to tell her everything, and that's not me. That's not Jade West. I'm not me around her. I feel like I'll give into things to easily and I'll do stupid stuff that I probably shouldn't show her or tell her. I don't want her to see that side of me. I don't want to give into her.

Beck said not to loose her. And I don't want to.

But I have to do what's best for me.

Tomorrow, when we see each other, I'll be Jade West. Stick to Jade West. No matter what.

This thing with Tori... has to stop. It has to end.

-

I pulled up in Becks driveway seeing everyone was already here. We were just hanging out and probably going to go out to eat somewhere. I didn't see Tori, but I had a feeling she was in Becks little trailer with the rest.

"Hey Jade!" Andre said once I got out the car. He was standing with Robbie outside leaning on the trailer.

I just shrugged and crossed my arms at him. "What are we doing?"