Chapter 9

It's been a month since Natalie was shot and I, along with everyone besides Matt and Alex found out about her baby. Nat got out a week ago and hasn't been happy about not being able to do anything and having to be on bed rest, but she has no choice on that. Matt and I have been getting all this information from Dom and the others since we left to go to our new, well new to me and Makenna, Puerto Rico.

"Momma." Makenna said pulling on my pant leg. Within the last month Makenna learned how to walk, and speak a bit more which made me so proud.

"Yes sweetie?" I asked. We were standing on the balcony looking out at the beach.

"Up!" She squealed, making me smile. I bent down and picked her up so she could see more.

"Momma, nom nom?" Makenna asked wanting food.

"Are you hungry again?" I asked her considering we just ate like half an hour ago. She nodded making me laugh, "Okay my bottomless girl, let's get you a snack." I told her then walked inside carrying her. We walked into the kitchen. I stuck her in her highchair and opened the fridge looking for something, like apple sauce for her to eat.

"Hey." Matt greeted as he wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"Hi." I replied smiling as I turned in his arms holding applesauce in my hand.

"Makenna hungry again?" Matt asked laughing.

"Yes. She is bottomless today." I replied while laughing a bit as I moved out of his arms, opened the applesauce, grabbed Makenna's baby spoon and handed them to her.

"I wonder where she puts it all." Matt wondered chuckling/

I giggled, "I don't know."

"She must be growing or something." Matt responded grabbing a water out of the fridge, "Want one?" He asked holding up a water bottle.

I nodded and he gave me one, "Thanks. Yeah she must be." I replied opening the water bottle and taking a sip.

"What are you up to today?" Matt asked.

"Hmm, good question. No idea." I replied laughing a bit. I noticed Makenna was done eating so I walked over and took the empty container and the spoon from her and stuck them in the sink. I walked back over to Makenna and took her out of the highchair and stuck her down on the ground.

"Sounds like you're having tons of fun today." Matt responded sarcastically.

"Oh yeah. It's going to be a blast. What about you?" I asked while laughing.

"I was going to work on my car a bit. Maybe sit on the beach." Matt answered with a shrug.

I nodded, "Sounds good." I replied as I watched Makenna walk over to him.

"Yeah." Matt replied picking Makenna up.

"Daddy play?" Makenna asked.

"Of course let's go get a few toys to play with." Matt told her as he walked out of the kitchen, holding her. I smiled watching them walk out. I decided to look and see what we had for dinner stuff. I wanted to make which is chicken and rice stew. It's one of Puerto Rico's national dishes and I figured I should attempt to make it. I looked to see what we had and decided I better go shopping quickly to pick up a few more things. I wrote a quick list and walked out of the kitchen.

"Hey, I'm gonna go to the market to pick up a few things. Do you want me to take her with me so you can work on your car for a bit?" I asked Matt, walking into the front room.

"Nah, I got her." Matt responded looking up at me with a smile.

I smiled, "Okay. I'll be back soon."