Cail was furious that he turned his own flesh and blood given how new a vampire he was but was even more angry that the girl was only 16 years old. As punishment, he made Petyr fight in one of the first redemption trials saying his sister would be set free, but killed her anyway.

Cail didn't even give her the decency of a quick death. No, he chose to crucify her, just like Christ, on a cross made of silver. Her screams still haunt Petyr tp this day.

Another sad tale came from Dianna, an older blonde vampire who had her last remaining family member killed by Cail himself over a three decades ago.

When she decided to becoma a maker, her proteges were used against het wherever possible. They were her new children only to be put to death by Cail following a scathing argument. The worst part was that the argument was over nothing of importance. A simple difference of opinion which Cail did not like.

It seemed that all the vampires that had gathered had been hurt by Cail in one way or another and had been waiting for someone to take a stand against him. Learning that Alex, Cail's very own brother would be that one, everyone wanted to be able to lend a helping hand.

After much discussion about what needs to happen and how we can accomplish it, Alex and i retreated to the loft for the remainder of the daylight hours. The sun still posing a threat to me.

Once upstairs, Alex wasted no time in removing both of our clothing and having me on the kitchen counter, the stairs, the shower and finally the bed. As exhausting as it was it was also amazing beyond belief.

I smile bashfully to myself as i remember his touch on my skin and the sounds of fulfillment that would leave our bodies with every breath. I revel in the memories of the aftershocks my body succumbed to almost a dozen times over as my ecstasy was built up and pushed over the edge. Again and again, we would climb together in pure bliss and with a simple nudge, we would both come spiraling down together. Always together.

I roll over in the bed aimlessly and reach out for Alex but don't feel him inside the sheets. Thats when i hear the tell tale sound of the shower running in the next room and breathe a small sigh of relief.

I stretch out my limbs and begin to sit up in bed when the vibration from the mobile phone that Giselle gave Alex catches my attention. I find it perched on the bedside table and reach for it instinctively. Only Giselle and a few trusted people have this phone number, all of which i have met.

"Hello?" I answer after not recognizing the number calling.

"Just the girl i wanted to speak with." A familar voice sounds but i cant quite place it.

"Who is this?" I ask suspiciously.

"Surely you know your own makers voice by now Treasure."

I instantly sit up straighter as my entire body goes rigid. This cant be real. Surely its just some cruel joke.

"How did you get this number?" I demand.

"I have my ways, treasure."

"Don't call me that!" I react harsher than i wanted to but i dont regret it.

"But thats what you are, remember? My treasure. You used to love when i called you that. And when i touched you. And kissed you, and-"

"What do you want?" I cut him off not wanting to remember our forced time together. Sometimes, even after being free from him for months, he invades my dreams. Nightmares more like it. They make me relive the time spent under his spell and force tears to my eyes when i awake. My only solace is that Alex is always beside me to chase away those images.