Chapter 10 [The written exam]

Start from the beginning

"No problem!" He said, smiling with his hand posing a 👍 sign.

Then it'll go perfectly. I'm pretty sure Kakashi wouldn't mind would he? What harm is there being gone for a day? I'll inform him later.

After we ate dinner I had two packets of take away dangos.

"Naruto I'll meet you at your house later." I said, immediately running back home. He couldn't even reply.

"Kakashi!" I yelled while getting in the house.

"What is it Ikeri?" Kakashi came out of his room saying.

"I'll be out. I'll be back in a few days." I said, bringing a few things with me.

"Where will you be at?" Kakashi asked, finally looking up from his book.

You know I really wonder why Kakashi cares so much about me. I'm just a member of his team and a random girl he found inside a cave.

"I'll be with Naruto training for the chunin exam." I said.

"Okay. Stay safe Ikeri." Kakashi said, continuing to read his book.

"Oh and Kakashi I bought some dango for you." I dropped a packet on the table before speeding off to Naruto's.

The other packet was for myself. You can never have enough can you?

"Naruto." I said hanging myself outside his window.

"Bahh! Ikeri! You scared me!" He screamed, falling off his bed and crawling to the window to open it for me.

"Let's get started."

I slept on the coach and he took his bed. He tried to convince me to take the bed and he take the coach but I wouldn't budge. I can get pretty stubborn when I want to.

The next day we trained and talked more about strategies. Days like this went on until the day the chunin exam came.

When we entered the classroom to see there were people surrounding this one guy that wears glasses.

Sasuke and Sakura were there as well.

"You've participated the seventh time!?" Naruto yelled. "That must mean you know a lot right? Share some information with us!"

"Alright. These cards contains the information I've collected so far. They react to my chakra. So who do you want to know about?"

Sasuke was the first to react. "Gaara if the sand, Rock Lee and Ikeri."

Wanting to know about me? Let's just see how much information this guy got.

He took out Gaara and Lee's cards before searching for mine. "That's weird, who's this Ikeri person. There's no information on her."

"I'm Ikeri." I said, appearing in front of him, beside Naruto before dragging Naruto to a seat to sit down.

The sound nin had a fight with that glasses guy before the first proctor came in.

"Stop fighting unless you want to be failed before the test started! Go get your numbers and sit accordingly. I'm Ibiki Morino. You're first proctor and from now on your worst enemy." He started to explain the instructions of the test and that the tenth question would be given out in the last 30 minutes. Then he gave out the paper. He said if we were caught cheating more than 5 times we'd be disqualified.

The first test like I feared was a written test. Naruto was sitting a few rows behind me. The test started and I flipped the paper around and scanned through it. Okay, these are jounin ranked questions. There is no way Naruto could answer these. He could barely answer the questions at the Academy.

Casting a genjutsu here would be too risky. There are too many spectors How am I supposed to get the answers to Naruto then? I thought for awhile, unable to find a solution. That's when it struck me.

That's it!

"Shadow clone jutsu." I whispered under my breath. I sent my shadow clone to go tell Naruto the answers.

I hope this works. I started doing my own paper. It's honestly not too hard.

The last 30 minutes didn't take long to reach.

"Now I will be revealing the 10th question. But before that I have to tell you a rule. Those who take the question and get it wrong will never be able to take the exam ever again. However you have an option to quit or not."

I glared at Naruto signaling him to not leave. This was a trick, a courage question. At least I think. If I got it wrong, all I have to do is answer a question. Not so bad. I mean I did the paper without much obstacles. However, upon hearing the rules, many left.

"No one else? Okay. You all pass. Congratulations."

Then a crazy woman came jumping through the window telling us we'll be taking part in the second exam. Ibiki ruined her excitement by telling her she was too early.

"Bah! It doesn't matter, we'll just start early then. Follow me!" She said heading out of the door, full of energy.