"Please raise your right hand. Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?" The Bailiff asked Isaac.

"I do." He responded.

"Mr Adams, please confirm who my client is to you." He asked.

Isaac looked over to Noah before looking back at Mr Maysberry, "He was my best friend."

"How long have you been best friends?" He asked.

"Objection, relevance?" Oliver interfered.

"Your honour, it is linked to this." He responded.

"I'll allow it." Judge said.

"I met Noah when I was ten. We were best friends for seven to eight years."

"Until?" He asked.

Isaac looked over at me and shook his head ever so slightly, "Until he and Avery broke up."

"Would you say that you were pretty close? Close enough to lie about the accident you were involved in?"

"I wasn't involved in the accident." Isaac defended.

"The only reason why Noah had alcohol in his car is because you purchased them."

"Objection. Where is this proof and why weren't we shown." Oliver bursted out.

Noah's lawyer returned to his desk before picking up two items, handing one to Oliver and the other to the judge.

"This is Isaacs receipt two nights before the accident, purchasing the items which were validated through CCTV."

"They were purchased for a party we were holding. I never encouraged drinking and driving." Isaac said. I could tell by the way he was clenching his jaws that he was getting angry.

"Why didn't you stay with the man? The only reason my client "fled" the scene is because you drove him away. He had no intention of running, you forced him to leave against his will."

"Bullshit." Isaac yelled out.

"Language." The judge interrupted.

"Sorry, your honour." Isaac quickly and quietly apologised

"I wanted to stay with him but Noah begged for us to flee. It wasn't my idea to leave. I wanted to stay but when I saw the ambulance I panicked and we left." Isaac said.

"Why did you panic? Is it because you've been in an accident before where you fled?" He asked.

My eyes widened as realisation sunk in in regards to where this lawyer was taking his argument. I watched Isaac, helpless as his face was white looking like he just saw a ghost.

"I don't know what you're referring to." Isaac whispered.

"Allow me to refresh your memory. Isaac you were in a car collision where you were drag racing before losing control of your car, killing your passenger instantly. Does Annie Kellar ring a bell? Who was Annie to you Isaac?"

Isaac was silent for a minute as he clenched his jaw repeatedly, "Annie was my girlfriend." He whispered, remorse evident in his tone.

"Did you or did you not tell the police that you were just speeding and not drag racing?"

"Objection! Isaac was cleared of all charges and they overruled it as a freak accident. There is no relevance." Oliver burst out, anger evident in his tone.

"My apologies your honour, I'll rephrase my question." He said.

"Isaac, you have a history of lying so who is to say that you have also been lying about this accident?"