Part four: holidays

Holidays are maybe the hardest part of the year...

You sighed... not looking forward to your meeting with corporl. your sore wrist was wrapped in bandages and you nervously played with the edges.

You walked down the halls, your boots clicking.

You really messed up this time!

You mentally yelled at yourself. Now you would be face to face with him. You wont be able to hide now... and you would have to show more emotion and have to talk to someone (especially him) for a long period of time...

You sighed... and knocked on his door.

"Name and business?"

"Cadet l/n f/n sir, you wanted to speak to me..?" You said trying to hide your shakiness.

"Come in."

You opened the large wooden door and slipped in... still nervous... you saulted him not making eye contact.

"Sir!"

"Sit."

You nodded and complied and he started towards you. Digging into you.

"Tea?" He asked, pouring you a cup of tea from the pot already placed on his desk. You looked at the mug, then at him, then down at the desk in shame. You were ashamed that you got hurt... and that you even needed this meeting.

"Thank you sir.."

You took the cup with your healthy hand and sippy slowly. It was quite cool, luke warm at best, but it was still delicious and warming.

"I already heard the story... and im disinterested." He said abruptly, catching you in locking eye contact. "What i need to know if its just a case of the holidays, or wither or not youll still be acting like this after break."

" acting like what-"

You were cut off by him grabbing your hurt wrist roughly, pulling you by it. You yelped out in pain slightly and pulled back with your healthy one, trying to get out of his grasp.

"Ow! Mother fucker!" You whispered yelled holding your injured arm to your chest where it could be safe from his attacks.

"Acting like a fucking dumbass!" He shouted slightly. It shook you and chipped away at your heart. Why.. was he doing this? "Do you know what would fucking happened if got injured in the field? Huh?! You'd be gone! Theres no second chances!"

You held your head down and nodded.

"Im sorry sir.. it was a lapse of judgement..."

"What about your harness to cadet? You almost fucked up your legs too, you know that right?"

You nodded.

"Im sorry sir... yes... ill be better after the holiday."

" i hope so cadet... one more screw up your cut."

That struck you.

"Understood?"

"Yes sir." You saluted.

"You're dismissed."

....

You arrived to dinner that night.
It was the night before the big holiday break, and it was quieter than usual. Maybe around 25 percent of the soliders had already started going home.

You took your usual seat, at the end of the mess hall, and sat, watching the cadets get their food. Fifteen minutes had passed... and you were still alone.