Chapter 5

Rough draft.

*

The ride home was quiet. There wasn't much to be said. I can't ask him about what Ethan told me, he told me not to tell.

I felt tired even though I spend most of the day asleep.

"Make sure you eat properly. If you want some days off from work just tell me, 'k?" My uncle said as he kept driving towards my aunts house.

"Mhm.." I hummed as I stared out of the window, watching the roads of houses.

"And if anything happens,anything at all you call me or Ethan" He continued, trying to take out his wallet from his back pocket, when he finally did he gave to me. I looked at him somewhat taken aback. "Could you be a hun and take out a 20 dll bill?" I did what I was instructed to do. "Keep it" He told me smiling keeping his eyes on the road.

"What's this for?" I asked calmly, staring at him still holding the money.

"In case you need anything, your aunt probably doesn't even give you any, uh? " He questioned as he pulled the car just outside my aunts house. "Thats why you started working with me. It's ok, keep it. Don't be afraid to speak up. You know you have the power to do anything if you are really determined to do so. You don't need to depend on anyone but yourself. You don't need anyone to boss you around. You're strong enough to decide for yourself. Don't let anyone bully you around, Edwin. Look, you have me, Ethan and the girls to support you, do you need anyone else?" He wondered but not just for himself. He was obviously asking me and everything he said was true I just didn't have the guts to do anything. I was so used to keep a low profile with my aunt and Jonathan's friends. I just didn't have it low enough because I probably wouldn't have been bullied so much, and my aunt wouldn't be saying such things everytime she saw me .

I put my hands on my face, rubbing it and sighed.

"Of course not uncle, I don't. I just feel... I don't know. You guys love me, I know. Maybe something is actually wrong with me? Maybe I actually need a doctor? " I smiled sadly, wanting to cry." Mom used to say that love solves everything but it can't fix the fact that they are now dead. It can't revive them, can it?" I sobbed softly, just for a moment and wiped my tears quickly and smiled. "Thank you for the ride home uncle and the money, I'll text you if I need anything." I gulped down a knot I had in my throat wanting to cry some more.

I got out of the car and went into my aunt's house. I waved goodbye to my uncle before closing the door and leaning my back against it.

What can I do about all this? Keep moving on.

You're so lame. You can't do anything right. You're such a cry baby. You can't even talk to the guy you like without crying or freaking out. You're so gay.

I slide down until I landed on the floor, my back still leaning against the door.

Maybe thats why your parents felt you that night. If they wouldn't have died they probably have disappeared because they didn't want to deal with you anymore. Maybe your parents knew you were gay all along and were in denial.

You're useless, causing problems to everyone. You can't even solve your own problems, can't even deal with your own aunt.

"You know you love me, I know you care

Just shout whenever, and I'll be there

You are my lov-"

If it were any other moment I would have gotten excited but I just didn't have it in me but either way I answered.