51 - How Deep Is Your Love

Start from the beginning

"I don't like this babe." Jaxon said as he walked in with my basket of my clothes.

"What's wrong with them?" I asked as I grabbed the basket off him.

"I meant you going on your own. Why don't I just come." He stated.

I let out a groan as I started folding my clothes, "You too?! I'll be fine guys. Noah and Henry are long gone. I literally do not have anything to worry about."

I rolled my eyes as they both looked at each other before staring back at me with, Jaxon shaking his head as Isaac let out an annoyed sigh.

"I give up. I only try once now with this drainer. Good luck, dude." Isaac said as he walked out the room, a smile hinted on his face. Reminding me that he was only joking.

I let out a laugh as I threw a display pillow at him, "You're the drainer!"

"You love me!" He screamed out as he walked down the stairs.

"Alena! Let's play some zombies!" He called out as he got to the bottom of the stairs.

I couldn't hide the smile as I continued to pack my bag. I looked up at Jaxon who was just calmly looking at me work.

"What's wrong?" I asked, stopping in my track

"Nothing." He said as he looked around my room.

I slowly made my way to where he was now sitting in the chair that was previously occupied by Isaac. I stood directly in front of him as he leaned back to look up at me, "I'm fine."

"No you're not. Tell me." I insisted.

He let out a sigh before shaking his head, "I just don't like the idea of you driving that far on your own."

"You know, I can make it within two hours."

He let out a chuckle, "Yeah and then loss of license."

"True but it would be worth it." I said as I shrugged my shoulders playfully.

He reached his hands to wrap around my thighs as he looked up into my eyes, "I love you more than anything, Avery. So, no you will not speed because I need you."

I smiled as I leant down to reach his lips, kissing him softly before whispering, "I love and need you too. I promise I won't do anything stupid."

He deepened our kiss before gently grabbing one thigh to cradle him. I stumbled a little but he was quick to wrap his arms around my waist as I sat on his lap. I couldn't help but run my fingers through his hair as he deepened the kiss by sneaking the tip of his tongue in. The sensation of this kiss had me light headed, so this is what being "drunk in love" felt like?

He let out a groan as the ringing of my phone interrupted us, "I swear, I just need one day with no interruptions with you."

I playfully slapped his shoulder as I got up to answer it, "Hi, Dad."

"Hi nugget, you all packed?" He asked.

"Finishing up now. How come you can't just come up with me tomorrow?" I asked, curious about why he was coming up on Sunday, the night before the will was getting read instead of Friday with me.

"I'm sorry, honey. I have a few clients tomorrow and Saturday that I couldn't reschedule but I promise, Sunday morning I will be there."

"No worries Dad, I understand."

"Drew is coming down to your house to help Isaac look after Alena." He said as he shuffled through papers in the background.

I let out a chuckle as I tried to picture the two of them under the one roof for three days, "Yeah, Okay. This should be interesting."