What is this?

Chapter 1: What is this?

                        *****

     I keep falling. Falling, falling, falling. Slowly and fast at the same time. Like when your walking alongside someone you walk fast and they walk slow, but you stay in the same pace. Both. But then it suddenly stops i stay in darkness for a long time. Nothing happening. Then something hits me on the face and feet and now that i think back everywhere at the same time. Thats funny, i thought that i stopped falling.

 I sit up and feel A bunch of tiny hands grabbing at my butt, arms legs and head all in different directions i am being pulled apart in different directions. Until i heard a loud yell and watched as all of the tiny black creatures scurry and fade away into the darkness. The yell had come from a very short man wearing circular glasses 2 sizes to big for his face. He is followed by young people, old people, children, teens, adults, you name it you name it. They were all following him like a guide. Like at a university. 

Since everything is pitch black i follow the short man squeezing into a crowd of teens my 5 ft. 1 stature hidden behind a guy who looked like he was in his late teens. He looks familiar tho. I tap him on the shoulder and notice a bullet hole right through his forehead. I almost screamed he looked at me funny before asking.

"Have we met before?" wait isn't that what i just said i stick with a casual response.

"I dont think we have, but you do have a familiar face." not as casual as i had hoped. We just kept walking in silence. 

"well, maybe if i tell you my name you will remember, i am Bartholomew  Atwood. but you can call me B. Pleased to meet you." B said with a smile that could knock anyone dead.

"And you are?"

"Lily Andrews, but you can call me, well id dont have a nick name for me if you want." i say playfully.

"Lily..." B says if tasting something new " That sounds familiar, its a very beautiful name, Lily."

The "tour guide guy" isn't really a tour guide guy he just led us through more darkness. Some girl walks up and is a total snob i cant help but notice she has a large cut across her throat. She goes up to the short man and said something horrifying:

"Excuse me "sir" or sorry Mrs. Whatever you are, are we just going to keep walking or what just appear somewhere? Oh or are you not in that authority?" and then she smiled an ugly smirk she thought looked cute. the man calmly turns around and points his index finger at her and says something i cant make it out from back here and she just disappear's in a cloud of red smoke. Oh my goodness did he just kill her? I mean she is already dead though, right? i really dont understand this stuff...

We keep walking for what seems like hours until i pulled on B's arm and said,

"OK, i know that we just met but would you be willing to take a risk for me?"

"Maybe Lily. It just depends on what you have in mind. Hit me with your best shot." suddenly B disappears and the darkness fades and i am in a living room. Then i see a woman who looks familiar. She is with a little girl.

" Come on daddy!"

"Coming princess!"  Then as the man who must be the young girls father comes in the woman turns on a radio as she flips through songs the little girl goes to her father and grabs his hand and brings him over to the shelf. She maneuvers his hand with her eyes shut and his shut too. she says "that one" and then the man grabs the C.D that his hand was on and shows it to her and she starts nodding excitedly. "OK, Lily" he says  full of laughter.

Lily? is that me? then girl puts the C.D into the radio and it plays "Hit me with your best shot"   Was that me when i was younger? is this a flashback or something? The family of three dance to the song and then they start to fade. The darkness starts to come back. I can still hear it, the song , its still there...

"Lily! Lily! Come on wake up, Lily?" I open my eyes to a frantic B standing in front of me with one hand on my shoulder the other on my arm.

"Lily? Are you back fully?" B says in a frantic way. I supposedly met him today and he already cares so much.

"I think so B, sorry just lost in thought i guess."

"OK, well we are losing the group. What was it you wanted me to know?" he quizzed me as we walked.

"We should try a nicer approach to the man than the other girl. I mean we are already dead and the worst that could happen is we could be double killed i mean come on. Please help me!"

"Well, you are right we are already dead so, i dont think it could hurt to try, literally." he says with a chuckle. I can"t help but smile when B grabs my hand and drag me not only to the group but to the front of the group. when we get up to the man i say,

"Excuse me Mister," i start and the short man stops. "but me and my friend B wanted to know if you needed help figuring out where we were going?"

"Not that we dont think you know what your doing! It is just an if you need help. So if you dont just tell us and we will be gone dont worry we will not bother you! We were just trying to help you!" B quickly adds

The man turns around and then points his left pointer finger at me and his left pointer at B. Thats weird he pointed his Index finger at the other girl. Then the man say's'

"For your kindness you shall be receive the finest" and a puff of white gold and silver smoke rises around us.

The last thing i see before i black out is B smiling at me that the plan worked.