After I hit send on the text message, I immediately type a new one right behind it.

>The note is so beyond gross

I want to say something else, but refrain from doing so in case I start babbling over text. That's the worst.

I don't expect him to reply anytime soon, so I head to the shower, leaving my phone on charge on the bed next to a sleeping Bandit.

+++

When I exit the shower, I hear my phone ringing. Rolling my eyes, I shuffle into my leggings and sweatshirt, twisting my hair up into a towel. I bet it's Micah.

"Your phone has been ringing off the hook," Mom says, her arms holding a load of folded laundry. "What'd you do to the boy?"

"Nothing," I chuckle. "I sent him something. He's supposed to be having a family dinner right now, though."

"Apparently not," She replies with a smirk, heading into her room to put clothes up. "I'd go answer him."

"I'm goin', I'm goin'."

I crawl onto my bed, careful not to disturb Bandit. It doesn't matter, though, because the second he feels me crawl onto the bed, he stretches, and crawls right on my chest. And falls back asleep. Spoiled brat.

But I love him.

>Mic: I am speechless

>Mic: And supposed to be eating dinner

>Mic: Oh screw this can I call you?

After that there's no more texts, just missed calls and missed FaceTime calls. I roll my eyes as another regular phone call comes through. I answer him this time, my heart beating a little faster than usual.

"Hey."

"Oh my god, hey honey."

I nearly melt into my pillows. "Hi," I say again, softer.

"That note was beautiful," Mic pauses, sighing contentedly, "and absolutely worth the wait."

"Really?"

"Yes, Pipes. God." His tone is more exasperated by the second, but not annoyed. He sounds...happy. Like he's content and light and floating on a cloud. "Can I tell a secret?"

I giggle, petting Bandit gently, feeling him begin to purr. "Sure."

"I kinda cried at the..." He pauses. "'You're worth my time,' that part. That part got me."

"Aw, Mic," I sigh. "I didn't wanna make you cry."

"They were happy tears, promise," He breathes. "But hey, quick question before I have to go back—"

"Shoot."

"How'd you know I was rehearsin' askin' you to be my girlfriend?"

I smile widely, chuckling. "Your little sister has excellent hearing. She heard you one night and texted me all excited."

"Damn her."

I giggle. "Go back to dinner, Mic."

"Fine, fine, I'm goin'." He pauses, like he doesn't really want to. I know he doesn't. I don't either. His voice is quiet, almost timid, "Happy New Year, baby."