Kendall pulls back her arm. My heart increases in pace and I'm sprinting toward Allison as fast as my legs will carry me.

        "Allison watch out!" I shout, hurling my body on to hers, knocking her onto the ground. Kendall's knife whizzes just above my head as I do so.

        Everyone ceases their throwing as our instructors approach us. I see Kendall and Alex really upset. Steam practically floats from their heads. Serves them right.

        "Serenity, what happened?" Tris asks in a surprising soft tone. Must be because I'm used to her tough instructor voice.

        "Allison almost took a knife to the head because of those two." I reply, pointing at Kendall and Alex.

        "You always ruin everything, Serenity! Always trying to keep the peace or whatever! Don't you have any fun?!" Kendall shouts, throwing her arms all over the place whilst approaching me. She reminds me of Lily and Harmony.

        I swiftly stand on my feet and say, "I was trying to save a friend's life! I was keeping her head on, not keeping the peace! And how the hell is killing someone fun?" I growl, huffing some hair out of my face. My chest heaves as air circulates throughout my body fast. My left arm stings from my tackle with Allison, but I ignore it for now.

        Instead of responding, she crosses her arms and shifts her weight onto her right leg. Yeah, can't say anything back, can you bitch? The room is awkwardly silent as Kendall and I just glare at one another.

        Four says, "Serenity, take Allison to the washroom to calm her a bit and you two" --he points at Alex and Kendall-- "come with me."

        I offer my hand for Allison to help her up. She accepts it, but doesn't look me in the eyes. As if she only accepted it because it was the noble thing to do. We exit the training room with eyes still burning into our backs. Four leads Kendall and Alex down another hallway.

        Allison and I walk for three more minutes before she swivels around to face me, causing me to halt abrubtly. She's taller than me by three centimeters, so I elevate my head a little to look at her.

        "Look, I don't need you to accompany me to the bathroom. I'm fine on my own." She states, crossing her arms. Is she for real? I just saved her freaking life!

        "First of all, I just saved your life back there and you didn't even thank me. Second, my arm stings from, again saving your life, so I need to run some water on it." I respond, ignoring my harsh tone.

        She stares at me a minute longer and reluctantly says, "Fine." before continuing down the hallway.

        My eyes roll at her head and I massage my scraped arm.

        We enter the bathroom and Allison hops onto the counter near the sink, not meeting my eyes. The running water is the only audible sound in the room. It soothes my irritated skin, healing it. My eyes wander to Allison. Something's bothering her. I know it.

        "Hey, what's wrong?" I ask in a soft tone. She probably despises me for saying it that soft. I did yell at her five minutes ago.

        "I can't tell you." She replies flatly. Her eyes stay glued on the floor. They remind me of my mother's eyes. Mother. I imagine her brushing my hair in that slow motion that soothes my scalp. Snap out of it Serenity, you can't think about Mom now.

        I focus back on Allison's words. If she can't tell me, maybe I can guess.

        "Is someone hurting you?" I question, gesturing to the little cuts on her hands. Knife scars. Who would do that to her?