IV

Chapter IV

        Serenity

        We all enter the training room, eager and nervous for our fights today. Four is drawing something on a chalkboard and we gradually crowd around him for a better look. He finishes and steps aside.

        "The fights will proceed in this order. Since there's an odd number of you, one of you isn't fighting today." He informs. I read the names on the chalkboard.

        Kevin-Aiden

        Serenity-Kendall

        Kat-Nick

        Destiny-Alex

        Amy-Isaac

        Tyler-Mike

        Allison-

        My fists clench at my sides and I direct my gaze over to Kendall. I watch her flip her bleach blonde hair over her shoulder and once she catches my gaze, she smirks at me. Kendall is about three inches taller than me, Candor-born, and always feels the need to flip her bleached hair in everyone's face like she's a queen or something. As if, bitch.

        "You better not break my face," I hear Isaac say to Amy.

        "I make no promises," Amy smiles, leaning against the wall.

        "You better say goodbye to that nose now." I point at Isaac's nose, but he pushes my hand away and I laugh.

        "I hope you break Kendall by the way. The girl is a bitch. " Kat rolls her eyes.

        "Agreed. Maybe a hard blow to the head will knock some sense into that bleached head of hers." Destiny snickers, while we watch Kevin and Aiden enter the arena.

        "This should be interesting," Kat wiggles her eyebrows while watching the boys get into their fighting stance. Kevin and Aiden are the top two strongest initiates so it makes much sense that they would be paired together. Kevin wears a sly grin and smooths his hair back a bit. Aiden's mouth is pressed into a firm line and his head is lowered so he looks a bit evil from my perspective.

        "The rules are you two continue to fight each other until one of you concedes," Tris informs and then Four tells the boys to begin.

        The fight soon becomes pretty intense and it's obvious that Aiden will win, due to Kevin taking three hard blows to the jaw and sort of sprained his ankle. He is barely able to stand in an upright position. While the fight drones on, I cannot help, but wonder if I'll see Christina again. I can't trust my instructors entirely, so she is the only one I can get my answers from. Divergent. The thought of the word sends a shudder throughout my body. What if I turn out to be some sort of psychotic monster? Wait, that's impossible. Or is it?

        Amy nudges me in the arm and tells me that its time for my match. Aiden had won the fight between him and Kevin as I see Kevin being held up by his friends, Nick and Tyler. His nose oozes blood and he looks all around the room in a dazed state. Kendall and I enter the arena at the same time and I hear her chuckle pretty smugly. I just stare at her, holding my fists in front of my face. Stupid Candor.

        Four tells us to begin, and we start circling each other.

        "What's the matter Amity? Too nice to throw a punch?" She taunts, but I do not say anything back. Not because it will lead to violence, but because I'm waiting for the right time to begin the violence.