ix. Let Go

' i have fallen from a height your mind cannot even imagine. '

My head laid on the cold metal table of the simulation room. My usual spot before my training began as a SOLDIER. It's as if nothing changed but at the same time everything changed.

The computer screens flickered in and out of sight. As usual I was exhausted. The heaviness of my eyes weighed on my work and often made me weak. Not even a cup of coffee would be my savior this morning. High above the training ground I could hear the soft hum of machinery and the computers cooling fans.

Suddenly the main door opens from down below and I gently pick my head up. A frustered Zack and Sephiroth step through the threshold. The glass is a one way mirror, as to not distrub the training below however, Sephiroth looked directly at me for a brief moment. It was in that handful of seconds, I felt like a child again.

His steely teal eyes broke their contact as a stack of manila folders plop beside me. "Shouldn't you be working?" Tseng says with a far away look in his eyes. The tall solitary man had a long sleek ponytail, as black as a void. Likely where he stored his emotions. He was ordinardy looking with his suit and plain features; with an exception of the red jewel in the middle of his forehead.

"I am working." I grumble, sitting up straight. That was a task in itself. From the otherside of Tseng, I hear a quick snicker. I'd recongize that voice anywhere honestly. Errand boy Strife. However I'd keep it coridal with my superior around, after it was just us three aside from the the two on the lower tier.

Tseng stared at the training module as Zack began as he once did with me. "I've been given a new assignment. " He says dully. " We're going to investigate the home town of Missing 1st Class Genesis. "

I say nothing and take a sip of my chilly coffee. I shouldn't have waited so long to drink it. Tseng continues, hes eyes perfectly fixed on the training. " I want you to accompany me."

I let out a scoff and scoot back in my chair, " No thanks. "

My gaze is now happily looking over the mountain of folders on my desk. " That wasn't a request. "

" Director Lazard discommissioned me as a SOLDIER. I don't go out on field ops."

Tseng finally looks at me with his ruby hues, " You aren't going as a SOLDIER. You are going as a Turk. Once your shift is finished, pack a bag." My superior leaves the room as any man in a suit does. Quickly, quietly, and with the last word.

My heart races in my chest, not that it hasn't been the whole time thanks to Sephiroth; but now it was more apprent. I was finally able to do something. I could finally be some help.

Cloud glances over through his helmet, " Fair's heart rate is elevating. "

I look up and see Zack in the heat of battle, back to back with Sephiroth. The silver haired warrior is faced with a horrendous beast which is nothing but cake to the 1st class. Zack however, was faced with a more human form; his prior mentor Angeal.

Sweat glistened off of his forehead as he shoulders moved with his breathing. Deep breaths made his sword seem heavier as he was running out of steam. " Cut the training. " He said huskily, staring at the ready stance of Angeal.

Once again Teal eyes glance over to me as my hand hesitates over the kill switch. In a flash Sephiroth's sword has gone through Angeal right before Zack's eyes. He stares horrified at the task he couldn't bring himself to do as the simulation detiriorates. Though it wasn't the real Angeal, the sight wasn't easy to swallow and that just what Sephiroth was trying to disprove.