One

This whole story is in Adrien's POV.

I walked into school and sat down next to Nino. Once again, I was late to school. Ladybug and I didn't finish our patrol till around three a.m.

Oh Ladybug... She's so amazing... I wish I knew her identity... Maybe I know her! That's highly unlikely, though... There are so many people in Paris that could be her... But who? Hmmmm...

"Adrien!" Ms. Bostier yelled.

"Huh?" I asked confusedly.

"I asked you a question," she replied more calmly.

"Oh, uh, sorry. What was the question?" I asked. Ms. Bostier sighed, annoyed.

"What is sixty-four equals fourteen x plus four?" she asked. I looked at my paper and realized I didn't get to the problem. I thought for a minute. Ms. Bostier waited.

"Eight," I answered.

"Good," she said and then continued to go over our homework from last night that I didn't finish. I guess that's what comes with being a secret superhero. Late homework. Lack of sleep. Missing class. Needing to make excuses to leave. Trying to hide my identity. Etcetera.

I sighed. I really wanna know who's under that mask.

"Alright. Make sure your names are on your papers and pass them to the left," Ms. Bostier. "You need a pencil and calculator for the test."

Oh. The test I didn't study for? Heh.

I got out my calculator and started mentally freaking out. This was the one test I told myself I was gonna study for. And then I end up not being prepared. I really hope this algebra test doesn't kill me.

Ms. Bostier handed out the test to everyone. I flipped through the test and frowned. It was long. Forty-five questions.

I sighed and began the test.

Solve for x.

1. x + 4 = 5
Pfft. That's too easy.
Answer: 1

2. x + 7 = 10
Why are these problems so easy?
Answer: 3

3. x + 9 = 20
Answer: 11

4. x/-5 = 3
Answer: 15

I finished the test and placed it in the tray and went back to my seat. I decided to draw Ladybug while I was waiting.

I finished it just as the bell rang. I quickly put it away and gathered everything and headed to my next class.

The rest of the school day went by pretty quickly. I walked outside and waited for the Gorilla to come and pick me up. Then Marinette and Alya walked up to me.

"Hey Marinette! Hey Alya!" I greeted and waved.

"Hey Adrien!" Alya replied.

"Hi A-Adrien," Marinette stuttered. I wondered why she always stuttered so much around me and not other people. It was weird. Was she still mad at me? I hoped not. I wanted to be good friends with her.

"So, Adrien, can you help Marinette with her particle physics homework? She doesn't really understand it and I'm busy this evening. Would that be okay with you?" Alya asked. My father probably wouldn't like that I'm bringing home a friend. It is for school, though, so...maybe it would be okay.

"Uh... Sure! You can come home with me, Mari," I replied. "Is it okay if I call you that?"

"Y-yeah..." Mari answered simply. She wasn't talking a whole lot. Did she not like me or something?