Chapter 1

Chapter 1

---

November 1, 1999

Haddenfield, Illinois

It had been a rough night in the once quiet town of Haddenfield. The streets were swarmed with policemen and some detectives still trying to track down the killer of Karie Lana. Of course, this wasn't a particularly new thing in Haddenfield.

Michael had tormented the town for years, lurking in the shadows.

And after years of hiding, he finally reveled himself to his sister. Killing her friends and then going after her. Not only her, but her daughter, his niece, as well.  Poor little Jamie Lloyd. She didn't know her Uncle was after her. Laurie wasn't around, making Jamie and her adopted family more than vulnerable to Michaels wicked ways.

She barley escaped with her life.

Michael was more than satisfied with his work.

And after this incident, he harassed many other innocent people throughout the course of a few years. After many others, he finally decided on going after the one person why made a mental scar on his mind that would last forever...

Dr, Sam Loomis slammed his fists down onto his desk and half sat down; more so leaning on it.

He was more stressed than anyone at the moment. The doctor knew that Michael had a plan brewing in his sick, twisted mind, but couldn't bring himself to even think of what the serial killer was planning on doing. Whatever it was, though, it obviously had something to do with the kidnapping of his daughter and murder of Karie. And he also knew that the authorities were wasting more time on trying to figure out why it was done than rather focus on who done it.

They all took Loomis' word for it and eventually believed, after a night of bitter persuasion, that Michael was the killer. Why they didn't see it as soon as the crime was committed was beyond him.

Loomis rubbed his face in a tired haze and let out a rough sigh.

There was a knock on his office door.

"Come in..." He droned out.

Slowly, the door crept open and the head of the detective agency, Detective Tyson Bronks. stuck half of his body through the narrow doorway. "Morning, Dr. Loomis." He got the response of a grunt. Bronks paused before shrugging and letting himself inside the office all the way. "I got some paperwork on various accounts that are based around Michael. I wanted to know if you...you know, wanted them."

Loomis' head rose from the table and an anxious glint shown brightly in his eyes. "You have what?"

Bronks cleared his throat. "I got these from the filing cabinets over at Smith's Grove. Didn't get any sleep last night on account of doing research on the sick bastard. Anyway, I found these," He stopped for a brief second to show Loomis the thick stack of paper in his hands. "Thought you might want to take a look. Seeing as you know more about this joker than anyone."

Taking the papers into his hands, Loomis flipped through until he found one of the earlier documents he had been searching for.

Pulling out a three page packet, he scanned and flipped through it. Sighing a little, he handed Bronks the packet. "Karie was a patient at one point. She admitted self harming herself and was believed to have had some sort of major mental disorder. I worked with her and Michael. She and Michael met at Smiths Grove at the age of ten. When she was released a few years later, she still visited Michael up until his escape."

Bronks stood on the other side of the desk, mouth agape. "...I never thought she'd be the one to be put in a place like that..." He saw Loomis shake his head. "I couldn't either. She was a sweetheart. Michael was only nice and would only communicate verbally to her. That's how I got some information about him."

"Wasn't he mad at Karie for telling you?"

"Of course. He felt betrayed. I think a part of him never forgave her, and that was partly the reason as to why he killed her."

Bronks shook his head. "That's awful."

Loomis nodded almost as slowly as his words flowed. "I know...I had to deal with him for fifteen years. It seemed like things were going well in the beginning. That was until he killed the nurses and assistants. And then...attempted to do away with him own mother as well...it's a sad, sad world for that boy...I don't think he'll ever escape it..."

---

The baby was still a bit confused but only a little. Her mentality and smarts for an infant who was only but a few months old was impeccable.

Michael watched the baby as she moved herself from one side of the crib to another.

He had run of to the only logical place he could, And that was the safety of his own home. Surprisingly, it was the last place that the authorities always looked. And now, well, he had a little bit of a bigger problem on his hands.

His head snapped backwards as he heard the little girl let out a giggle. She was propped up against the railing of the crib and gnawing on a blanket that Michael had placed in there for her.

Watching the baby, Michael's interest was suddenly peeked. He tilted his masked head and kept his eyes on the little girl. A voice rung in the back of his head and was brought to life by certain thoughts. "She has a name, Michael. Her name is Michae."

The voice was a new one.

It was one of a familiar female.

Karie.

"Michael, please don't hurt her. She's yours and rightfully so."

Rightfully so? How was she his rightfully so? He didn't even deserve to be called her father. Then again, it was a very well known law in Haddenfield that if one parent were to die under any circumstance, the other was to care for the child, and shall not be denied that right unless law enforcement gives direction.

Michael knew all to well that if they located Michae, they'd do anything and everything to retrieve her. Most likely resulting in Michaels 'death' once more. First, it had been Loomis who had shot him. And then he had been brought down by Laurie in a blazing flame at the hospital. A few years later he was shot by Laurie. And after that, he was shot down by a flurry of bullets. Then shot once more.

They wouldn't stop until he was dead.

Which was stupid on their part because Michael basically couldn't die. It was like trying to kill a cockroach. It just wouldn't work.

As the killer approached the crib, he looked down at the defenseless child. He took a minute to examine her features. Michael noticed that she had a head of short black hair, her eyes almost as dark as her hair. She had a tiny button like nose. Her smile had an all to happy tint to it.

A tiny hand reached forward.

Michael stepped back a little in the fear. He didn't know what caused the sudden surge of fear to rush through his body, and it felt a little unwelcome in his mind. The child only watched in minor confusion as she saw Michael back away in fear.

She was babbling like a little baby and plopped down in the crib.

Michael tilted his head a bit and slowly walked back toward the crib. The girl once again tried her hardest to stand, grabbing the railing of the crib for support, and reached out toward him.

Michael tried to stay put and not pull away. He knew that his main fear was hurting the child.

They touched hands.

Odd. The little girl didn't scream or anything. She just...stood there and babbled more incoherent nonsense that was a little cute.

Michael knew that this girl, Michae Lana, was his daughter. He knew that she was a tough cookie. And he also knew that he had to do everything in his power just to keep her safe.

From law enforcement. From Dr. Loomis. But most of all, from him...