Chapter 8

That awkward moment when you haven't updated a story in over a year. . . . . I'M BAAAACK!!!! Enjoy

Chapter 8
...

October 31, 2008
Halloween
...

"Does anyone miss me?

GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME! I WANT OUT!

The mask hides my ugliness...

You. You fucking did this..."

The words and memories fluttering through his mind like the faintest butterfly. His mother's words.

Dr. Loomis' words.

Karie's words.

Everything jumbled around in his brain like a fucking mess of hatred and misery. His sister hated him, his daughter was ripped away from him...

Then again...he did ask for it...

...

Michae flipped her black hair out of her face before tying it up in a ponytail. She rushed downstairs when she heard the front screen door open and close repeatedly. "Tyler?" She asked cautiously.

As she rounded the corner, Michae saw Tyler in the kitchen.

The man was silent.

"Tyler." She spoke up.

Tyler slowly turned around with a seemingly altered smile. "Sorry, I didn't hear you come in..."

Michae smiled back a bit awkwardly and sat at the counter. "It's fine-" The screen door reopened and slammed door the umpteenth time. "Did you leave this morning? Cause the front doors been opening and closing non stop for a while now..."

Tyler clutched his knuckles and breathed heavily. "You know, Michae...shouldn't you," He released his grip on his own hands and grinned. "Shouldn't you be getting ready?"

With Michae's thoughts now getting back on track, she smiled and ran out of the kitchen. "Be right back!" She called. As the young girl ascended the staircase, Tyler let out an exasperated groan. He knew today would essentially be hell in a hand basket. How? One simple reason...

Michael would show himself.

Not that the man was surprised in anyway, shape, or form.

He waited in the kitchen, taping the counter top impatiently as he waited for Michae.

There was a knock on the front door.

"Damnit..."

And who else but the infamous Dr. Loomis stood there, trench coat and all.

"Loomis." Tyler's nod was curt.

Not even gaining the energy to form manners, Loomis slid right by Tyler and into the house.

"He's coming."

Tyler grit his teeth and sighed. "Yeah, I know, I ain't stupid!"

His harsh tone concerned Loomis. "Tyler, are you feeling alright?"

Tyler's stomach churned, he felt as if he were about to blow chunks then and there, all over the living room carpet. With much regret, Tyler had lied.

"I'm fine."

"Well you've been distant lately, your mind has-"

"I SAID I'M FINE, DAMN IT!" Snapping like this was never a usual for Tyler. Loomis stared at him; examining the dark haired man closely. The mans movements seemed jittery, his emotions seemed to be running high, Loomis was sure the man standing tall before him wasn't right, as if he were slipping away from reality.

Sighing, Loomis stepped towards the door before handing Tyler a slip of paper that read:

Court Date: Nov. 2, 2008
Case No. : 01987
Call Reason: Child, Michae Lana/Myers Defendant Tyler Grove VERSUS State of Illinois

Tyler's entire heart sank, stomach dropping.

Loomis simply gazed into space, per usual. "...Tyler. Michae needs help. And, if anything is to go wrong tonight, she will be taken away..." With a sorrow filled atmosphere intact, Dr. Loomis decided to take his leave. "Have a good day, Mr. Grove. I'll be seeing you this evening at the pagent..." He left.

Tyler, now an inward emotional wreck, sneered and slammed the door shut.

"I'm not having her taken away from me... not again..."

__________

I will try to upsate ASAP! So long, I know :/

Love you all! Thanks for reading!! Grammatical errors should be politely overlooked~