3- New Favorite Song

Start from the beginning

"That's me" I nod.

"Well Anthony went to the bathroom to fix his hair but you can come on in" she claims moving to the side. I walk in and she closes the door behind me. I turn to her to get a good look at her. And with each passing second I feel myself moving closer and closer to this girl. Eventually we meet in the middle of the living room. She looks up at me as neither of us really knew what to say.

I go to open my mouth to say something but a door swings open. Anthony pops up and looks between Jayden and I as he slowly approaches us. His eyes eventually rests on me and his happy expression becomes a little harder to read.

"You" he grits between his teeth.

"Me" I ask.

"Yes... you. Hallway, now" Anthony demands.

"Tony" Jayden whines.

"Zip it" he threatens and she sighs. I get pushed in the hallway before I could even figure out what the hell was going on.

"What was that about" I ask.

"You like her" he claims poking my chest and I shake my head.

"I don't even know her" I defend.

"You're not denying it and that tells me more than I wanted to know. Plus, once you get to know her I know for a fact you'll like her" he claims.

"You can't tell me how I can and cannot feel" I insist.

"Listen here and listen closely. That girl... she's like my sister. She means the world to me. With you being my best friend, means that you cannot date my sister. That's just weird" he claims.

"That's a really weird reason as to why I can't date her" I admit.

"I really really don't think that's a good idea, that's the nicest way I can put it without hurting someone's feelings. I care a lot about her-" he starts.

"Do you like her" I ask and he scoffs.

"What!?! Me and Jayden? Now way" he insists. "I just don't want to see her hurt" he claims.

"I don't want to hurt her" I defend.

"They never do" he argues and I sigh.

"If I promise not to hit on her will you leave me the hell alone" I beg.

"Sure" he shrugs.

We go inside and Jayden had retreated to the kitchen. She closes up the oven and we meet her over there.

"Let me guess... he said you can't date me because I'm like his sister and his best friend can't date his sister" she guesses and I laugh.

"Pretty much" I admit.

"And then he said that he cares about me and doesn't want me to get hurt" she continues.

"You've been through this before" I ask.

"Every time I meet one of his friends" she smiles.

"I can hear you guys talking about me. I'm literally right here" Anthony whines waving his hands around.

"We should probably go meet my parents" I admit and she nods. We grab what we needed and walk over to panera.

It was a short walk and it mostly consisted of Anthony talking. But I couldn't hear him over the thumping of my heart. I felt her eyes on me the whole time and looked up every so often to see her gold eyes staring right through me. Man, those things were pretty.

Eventually we find my parents in the back and squeeze into the booths. We eat our bagels and look out to the city.

"Can I just say that you have the prettiest eyes I have ever seen" my mom says to Jayden, and even though we weren't together I was still kind of embarrassed.

"Thank you" Jayden says and I smile. Her voice was so soft, I can see why she would be a musician.

"What color are they" my mom wonders.

"They're amber. Less than one percent of the world has it, so I'm pretty lucky" she explains.

"Well they're beautiful" my mom admits.

We finish up breakfast and start the tour. Anthony talks my moms ear off and she asks questions. Jayden joins in telling her favorite places she's been at so far and how to get around. I fall back with my dad and let them talk the day away.

"You want to tell me why you've been staring at that girl all morning" he asks and I blush.

"I would but there's a slight chance Anthony would kill be before I even see a pitch in the majors" I laugh.

"He doesn't want you two together huh" he asks.

"Not at all. But I keep getting pulled to her. Like physically attracted to this girl" I admit.

"Do you know how she feels" he asks.

"I've barley spoken to her" I say.

"The strongest of feelings cannot be said with words but felt with the heart" he claims and I smile.

"Then I think the feeling is pretty mutual."