2

iris climbed in talia's vintage (yet cheap) looking car.

"do you know anyone named finn wolfhard?"

talia's face lit up. "oh yeah! he's great,he's friends with jack. we talked a lot when me and jack were still dating."

iris spoke quietly. "do you miss him?"

"what?"

"jack. do you miss him?"

talia laughed a little. "oh, no. we're still friends. besides, he's got ellie. we were best friends for a long time. let's just say i'm glad we aren't anymore. i can't say i love her but she makes him happy and that's really all i care about."

iris nodded. she didn't know exactly what to say, she'd never been in a relationship herself.

the two sat silently in the car until they arrived at the party.

"we're here!!" talia yelled.

iris found herself staring at maddie's huge house. inside she could see lights flashing and could hear loud music blasting. iris already has a headache, and she didn't think this was gonna be a party she enjoyed.

"Iris? are you coming?" talia pulled her out of the car and basically dragged her into the party.

iris heard maddie's familiar voice from the front of the house. "hey! iris, talia! see you guys finally decided to come!"

talia laughed. "no way. its just iris who didn't want to come. do me a favor and get the girl something to drink?"

"talia, i don't-"

talia wrapped her arm around iris. "look, iris. you wanna have fun tonight? i'm gonna show you how."

iris took the glass from maddie. "what even is it?"

"what does it matter what it is, c'mon! fuck it! have fun!" maddie yelled before turning back into the party.

iris took the shot maddie gave her and almost spit it back up because of how terrible it was. "shit! what's in that, talia?"

"no clue!" talia shouted before taking another shot herself.

iris, a little dizzy from the alcohol, walked into the party. it was dark, and the lights seemed to flash and spin around her.

she almost fell before bumping into her friend Jaeden.

"iris, you alright? what did maddie give you?"

iris held her head. "no idea. i've only had one, i don't know what's wrong with me."

jaeden has his arm wrapped around another one of iris's friends, lilia. the two had been rumored to be dating but iris was sure it was true. "come get me if you get too shit faced tonight, i'll be sober."

jaeden's voice was reassuring, but she doubted she would actually get as drunk as he expected her too.

iris heard maddie yell at them from behind.
"hey! lieberher! think you could lay off my best friend for a second?"

iris saw jaeden blush as he removed his arm from lilia.

"stay safe tonight, iris." lilia said to her, before running off with maddie.

iris found herself sitting alone at one of maddie's dining room tables, just as she'd expected herself to. she knew she shouldn't have agreed to come with talia, what was she thinking? there's no way she's gonna enjoy herself at this party.

she grabbed the closest alcohol to her and chugged it. she hated it, but she decided she was so in the mood to get drunk tonight.

that was her first bad decision of the night.

iris couldn't remember how much she drank, but she knew she kept on drinking until talia found her and grabbed her shoulder.

"iris, what are you doing?" talia took the bottle away and stared at iris. "look, when i said get drunk i didn't mean this drunk. jesus, how much have you had?"

iris only stared down at the table, she couldn't think straight. iris turned her head and watched as talia got dragged away by another boy.

"be careful, iris. get me when you wanna go home, alright?"

iris only nodded. she didn't really comprehend what talia had said. she sat alone for a few short minutes before she stood up and walked over shakily to the crowd. and she finally realized she really didn't know how to handle her alcohol.

she took a few steps before she slipped to the side and fell, the lights spinning and her head pounding. for a second she thought she was going to black out, before she was caught by someone. she opened her eyes as the boy dragged her up.

"you alright? you almost hurt yourself there."

iris stared up at the boy. he had dark, curly hair and an uncountable number of freckles.

"holy fuck." she whispered.

IM SORRY I KNOW THIS IS ABSOLUTE SHIT BUT IM TRYING TO WRITE FAST AHHHH COMMENT IF U WANNA SEE MORE BC I WANNA KNOW IF ANYONE IS ACTUALLY READING THIS xoxo lol