Prologue

PROLOGUE

KYLIE'S POV

Let me start off my letting you know something very important, but at times, embarrassing. My dad is a paparazzi. Literally, that's what he does for a living. He doesn't make much, so we live in a small apartment right smack dab in the middle of NYC.

I'm made fun of at school. I don't have what other girls have. I have big, poofy hair that can't be tamed, old, faded clothes, torn up tennis shoes, and no friends. Except for Alec. But I don't like to tell people we're friends, because I'm too embarrassed. Alec is fat, gay, and smells like a gym.

While I'm at school, my dad is roaming the streets with his big, fancy camera, stalking celebrities and annoying the crap out of people with his flash. Sounds glamorous, huh?

Ever since my mom left us 3 years ago, I've had to raise myself. My dad doesn't have the time and patience to help raise me. Now don't get me wrong, he's a great dad. He just has his priorities all mixed up.

I probably sound like a downer to you, but I'm really not. I'm actually a very positive person. Though others beg to differ, I think that I am a pretty girl. Not hot or beautiful, but pretty, in a very plain way. If you can get past my wild hair and tasteless wardrobe, you'll notice that I have piercing green eyes, full, smooth lips, clear, soft, glowing skin, and a perky, ski-slope nose. But my favorite feature is my figure. I have a flat, sculpted tummy, long torso, a toned butt, and long, skinny limo legs. Most people don't see my beautiful figure because I cover it up. I think that only people that are special to me should be able to see it, and none of the kids at school deserve to. It's funny to me, how teenagers can judge somebody by their clothes. I think it's all about the heart. I don't care what someone looks like, I just want to make sure they have a good personality and won't make fun of me. I like genuine people who won't judge a book by its cover. But it's hard to find people like that these days.

I know, I know, you're probably thinking I'm some hypocrite. Yes, Alec has all of those qualities, and I don't care what he looks like, but I care about what other people think. I want other people to see what a good person I am, and having Alec around doesn't help. Kids at school don't want to associate with him, so I keep my distance (only in public). I know that if kids at school knew we were friends, they wouldn't want to come near me either.

Before I put you to sleep with my boring life story, there's one more thing about me that everybody should know. I hate change. I hate having to start over, to continue on without something. Just like when my mom left...

Aaaaand cut! lol. Sorry this prologue was so short, but I just wanted to get to the real book already!

Please bear with me as I become a better writer and try to update as much as possible. Anywaysss, thanks for reading my story! :*

--Kaci--