Chapter One

FEBRUARY 21. 2004

" Denise get your ass down these stairs and come clean out this fucking laundry room." June yelled to her daughter upstairs. Denise was 9 years old she was the middle child and she was the one who was responsible for everything

"Ma I haven't even done anything in the laundry room why I gotta clean it up when Janna and Kayla are right upstairs?!" Denise pouted

No matter what she tried to do right she was always wrong. June always forced her to do everything that she didn't have anything to do with and at nine years old she knew it was not her responsibility but it was indeed her mothers.

Denise went downstairs and followed the directions given to her by her mother and went back upstairs only to find her mother now in her room throwing all her things around.

"mommy what are you doing? You always do this why are you ruining my room?" Denise looked with tears in her eyes but her mother didn't respond.

" you know the fuck what do you pay bills in this house? do you do anything for this house? No I didn't think so. shut your little ass up before I knock you into next week." june yelled

Janna and kayla were laughing. "shut up its not funny" Denise yelled.

As denise sat and watched her mother mess up her room she could only think of ways to get out of the house. She missed her father when he was at work there was no one at home to protect her.

" now clean this shit up" June yelled as she walked out the room.

not knowing what to do she got on her knees and did the only thing that she knew how to do.

"Dear heavenly father they say when I need you I can call you and I never know if your here or not but father I cant take much of this anymore mommy doesn't love me she hates me and these past few days she has done nothing but hurt me im scared lord what if she tries to hurt me. help me father please help me im so afraid. In Jesus name I pray in the name of the father the son and the holy ghost Amen." she got up and started cleaning her room as she was asked.

Just as she was finishing she heard a familiar sound and knew that God had finally answered her.

"DADDY DADDY DADDY IM SO GLAD YOUR HOME!" she yelled with excitement

she ran down the stairs and jumped into his arms.

"oh baby girl how was your day today I missed you soo much" Richard said.

He placed her down on the floor and examined her face to find a tennis ball sized bruise on her face.

"princess what happened to your face?" he asked.

Denise was quiet.

"you can tell daddy what happened baby girl I wont be upset just tell me the truth." he spoke

"Mommy hit me in my face this morning she said it seems like the only way I will learn something. but that's not true daddy I'm smart. " she said looking up at him

Richard was such a loving father and husband but It was starting to piss him off that june kept putting her hands on her and he was fed up.

"ok baby girl you give me 20 minutes and ill sneak you out to father daughter day time how about that?"

She nodded her head and went up stairs to get ready.

In the distance she could hear her parents arguing again.

" You need to beat her ass she doesn't listen and when I beat her ass she still doesn't learn." She heard her mother say.

"June neicy is 9 years old im not beating her when its clear that you did more to her than just beating her today. why the fuck does my daughter have a big as bruise under her eye. I know for a fact she didn't do that shit to herself. and you think she will learn from a beating June she is more advanced than anyone her age shit she's more advanced than Janna and Kayla for Christ sake. STOP PUTTING YOUR HANDS ON MY FUCKING CHILD!"

There was complete silence.

" Dad im ready!" Denise yelled as she walked down the stairs. she had on her blue jumper and a red shirt with her black heely sneakers on and she was ready to go

"Alright Angel lets get moving" he said coming down the stairs. He put her jacket on grabbed her hand and headed out the door.

" let daddy daughter day commence" he chuckled. and then they were off.