Chapter 9

~~~ The Truth ~~~

"B-Bella? She didn't pay me to do anything."

"Of course!" I snickered, walking towards the room where Meri was happily running around.

"Megan, how do you know Bella?" Luke followed right behind me, pacing.

"Bella? My cousin?" I sighed and tapped my foot, turning to face him. Our height difference made it very difficult to make me look more powerful.

"B-Bella's your....cousin!?!?" He spat. He looked like he just threw up or something.

"Unfortunately, yes." I explained and picked up Meri. I held her tightly against my chest. "Take your shirt back." I said pushing his t-shirt that was draping over Meri into his arms.

He stood motionlessly not taking the shirt. So, I dropped it in front of his feet.

"Megan-"

"Lucas! Who's this?" An unfamiliar voice spoke. I whipped my head around to see a brown haired man with a small circle face.

He was wearing jeans and a green t-shirt, along with a head set and a panda hat.

Oli?

"Da- oh this is Megan."

"Hi." I waved excitedly and smiled. My hair bounced off my back. Lucas snickered.

"Megan...Megan Bean?" Oli stood shocked, but also dead serious.

Okay, wait. Before I yell out my name, if this Oli guy really wants to kill me, I shouldn't let him know it's me. But also not like I can really pretend to be a different person either.

"Megan Manchester." I stuck out my hand towards Oli.

"She's a new friend. The kids here are very...weird...we'll be going now..." Luke grabbed me and started pulling me towards the exit hallway. I stumbled as I was dragged away from the man in the panda hat.

"What was that for!" I whisper yelled, kicking Lucas's shoe. I stared at him demanding an answer. He just took me away from my goal. From meeting Oli.

I mean, of course I didn't know if it really was the Oli that would kill me. But I think it was safe to assume that he was.

"Megan Bean get out of my house." Luke sighed and started walking back up the stairs, flinging his shirt over his shoulder. I stood there, in the foyer, watching him leave. I was so confused. I had no idea of what was going on.

That's when I heard the doorbell. It startled me as I was awoken from my daze. I heard a groan from upstairs as Luke had to walk back downstairs to open the door. I'm not going to lie, yeah I was smirking. This YouTuber child needs a life lesson...on life.

He glared at me as I watched him go closer to the door.

Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.

"Hello may I-"

"Hello Lucas. Nice to meet you."

That voice was way to familiar.

"Mom! What are you doing?" I asked as I stepped into the doorway. Of course, there was my mom. Perfect as everyone knows her. Long pink hair. Bright colored eyes. The signature gaming bracelet that I had gotten her for her birthday a few years ago.

She made me want to cry. It was hard to look at her, then at me.

"Megan." She sighed and grabbed me into a hug. I felt tears coming out but I couldn't show my weakness. Not now. Not in front of Lucas.

"LUCAS! WHO'S AT THE DOOR." Oli yelled from the kitchen. I heard footsteps coming closer. Oh no. This could be a disaster.

My mom grabbed Meri and looked at me. I looked down, unable to meet her eyes.

"No-one! Just a...ding dong ditchers." Luke lied and yelled back. That didn't stop the footsteps though.

"Megan we have to go. Right now. There is so much you need to know. Let's go." The famous LDShadowlady grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the mansion. I took one last look at Luke and ran for the car. Luke closed the door and just like that, I think we were safe from the murderous Oli.

***

   "So that was him!" I yelled, crossing my arms. My mom nodded. I shook my head in disbelief.

"Why didn't you ever feel the need to tell me, huh? Why mom!" I yelled as the car slowly came to a stop in our driveway. My mom turned the engine off and un-buckled her seatbelt, then, turned to me.

"I wanted to keep you safe. Oli is a man from my past-"

"Who you liked."

"-a LONG time ago, Megan. Me and your dad are very close now. I just didn't want you going around and getting paranoid, okay?" She sighed and opened the car door. I remained in the passenger seat, staring at our small white house with two beautiful cherry trees. "Are you coming, Megan?"

"Yeah. Just give me a minute." I snapped back as I watched Meri run into the built in doggie door on the garage.

"You're safe, Meg. Oli is not dangerous."

"I know. Thanks mom."

My pink haired mother closed the car door and headed up towards the front door. I let out a sigh of exhaustion. I can't believe Luke's dad was Oli. The Oli that my mom tried to date.

What are the odds?

***