Chapter 4

~~~ The Problem ~~~

   I woke up the next morning in a frenzy. I had an awful dream where Isabelle saw me leave with Lucas and Bella came and nearly killed me and the entire world knew my secret and...

   You seen my panic? Well, time to find out if any of my dream comes true.

   And for the record, I really hope it doesn't. I quickly pushed Meri away with my foot as the dog tried to jump on top of me. Not now, Meri!

   "Move! Move!" I hissed as Meri finally decided to leave me alone. Thanks bud.

   I walked down stairs and realized how dark it was outside. I mean, it was only October and it was already dark outside early? Huh.

   I continued down the hallway and into the kitchen where I quickly made myself a cup of coffee and headed into the living room.

   "I can't believe you Oliver."

   My ears couldn't help but perk up when I heard the name Oliver coming from down the hall. Who the heck was Oliver?

   I quickly stood up and followed the faint talking sound that was most likely my mom. I began to panic as I hoped to dear god some weird guy was in our house.

   I began to think of worse and worse case scenarios with each minute. Which perfectly explains why I needed to find out who Oliver is.

   I can't do this! I have to get ready for school! The tiny voice in my head warned me as I rounded the corner as the voices got louder.

   "No. I'm not letting Megan do that. I can't."

   Megan? That's me. Holy crab cakes that's me. What did Oliver want me to do? What isn't mom allowing me to do?

   "Mom?"

   I opened the door quickly as she dropped the phone she was talking on. The phone! A sigh of relief washed over me as I realized there was no creepy guy in our house. Thank the lords!

   "Megan! What are you doing? It's 3 in the morning!" My mom asked quickly ushering me out of the room. Ushering me out a little too quickly.

   "Mom who were you talking to?" I immediately asked without holding back. She took in a breath and stared down at her phone.

   "Just a fellow YouTuber. Megan please, excuse us."

   "It's Lucas!" I yelled and grabbed the phone from her. She stared at me with large eyes as I quickly held the phone up to my ear.

   "Hello?"

   "Hi? Well your not Elizabeth are you."

   "Lucas?" I asked again, looking at the phone screen. I realized the caller ID said Oliver 🐼and I began to feel the embarrassment take over. My mom cupped her mouth and began to shake.

   "What? This is Oli."

   "Mom?" I asked her as she slowly removed her hand. She reached out and stole the phone from my grip.

   "Megan..." she slowly spoke and looked down. I stared at my mom in panic. This was a lot worse than my dream. I didn't know what was going on and nothing made sense.

   "Elizabeth call me back."

   Beep.

   Silence.

   "Mom who was that."

   "Oliver. He's an old friend."

   "You don't talk about him." I observed, pointing out the obvious.

   "I know. I don't want to Megan. Megan, there's a whole lot you need to know." She began and sat down staring up at me with a frightened look controlling her face.

   "Mom-"

   "Megan, our family isn't as perfect as it seems."

   "Mom..."

   "Aunt Maddie and Oli tried to kill me and your father."

   "Mom your scaring me!"

   The dark lights and my moms face made the story a whole lot worse. I quickly looked around in fright, not wanting to hear the rest of the story.

   "Megan...Oliver is trying to kill our entire family. And he wants to start with you."

   My entire world froze. If I thought meeting Lucas was bad, this was another story.

   Someone wants to kill me. To end my life. To allow me to never see the people I love again.

   I screamed so loud my voice cracked mid-way and I went silent. I fell to the floor and I felt my eyes stare at floor as tears ran down my face faster than a hurricane.

   My mom covered her mouth and began to cry too, bending down next to me and telling me she's sorry. But it wasn't her fault.

   How was it her fault someone was trying to kill us?

***

   "MOM!"

   My heart pounded against my chest as I stared up at my ceiling. The thought of someone trying to kill me was killing me. I don't know how I was going to die.

   "Megan? What's wrong?" My mom said as she sat down at the edge of my bed. I stared up at her with tears streaming down my face. "Megan what happened?" She asked once again coming in to give me a hug.

   Did she not remember telling me some guy was going to kill us?

   "Mom...Oli! Death!" I yelled, trying to get her to remember. She cocked her head to the side and smoothed my hair out of my face.

   "Oli? Now that's an interesting name. Meg, your fever must be running high again." Mom laughed and stood up off the bed.

   That was a dream? That entire thing...but it can't be possible?

   "I'm going to go make you some pancakes for breakfast. Just try and rest, okay?"

   "Yeah, thanks Mom." I sighed and shook my head. She smiled back and headed out the door.

   I looked out the window and sighed in disbelief. That dream felt so real. Too real.

   Maybe, maybe I'm right. Maybe if I dreamed of the further?

***
Authors note:
Hey guys. I'm really sorry this chapter sucked. I really can't think of how to continue the story! I don't watch Jizzie as much as I used to, and it's killing me! I'm sorry guys.

P.s: the picture above is Megan👏🏻