Playing With Chance - Epilogue

Start from the beginning

Told you it was cute.

"Are you saying that you would be just as protective if most of the people in this room were girls?"

Of course he would.  Girls are meaner than boys.

Would you be quite?

Aw, come on, I'm just happy!

"Yes."

"I don't believe you.  You can relax though.  My wolf wouldn't let me do anything."

You can say that again.  

"Does that mean that you would if you didn't have her?"

No.  You've always been a one person kind of girl.

You really are annoying today.

I'm just a part of you.

"No, you know I love you." 

He smiled, and leaned down to give me a quick kiss, "Would you like to dance?" he whispered in my ear.

YES!!!

"You just want to show off your amazing dancing skills," I accused with a smile, ignoring my wolf to the best of my abilities.

"Maybe, but you can't honestly say that you don't like showing off too."

Pretty much.  So long as you can ignore the crowd while you're showing off.

I shrugged, knowing they were right.

As he started to lead me out to the dance floor, Sarah ran past dragging Abbie with a big grin on her face.  A few seconds later I found out why when a guy pushed through the crowd, obviously chasing them.  

Laughing I tried to figure out what Sarah had done this time.  Normally I would have had a good guess, but the guy didn't look particularly mad at her.  That made it slightly harder to know what she did.  I still had a few guesses, but for the most part I was in the dark.

I was still watching with amusement as Hero stepped in front of the girls, and started to glare at the guy that was chasing them.

The props of having the future beta as a friend.  No one except an alpha would mess with a beta.

He stopped immediately, and looked at Hero apologetically.

"Sometimes I wonder how that girl survived before she met Hero.  She constantly has someone that's bigger, and usually pissed off chasing her.  Not only that, she's human, and she seems to enjoy targeting werewolves," Chance said looking at the newest members of the pack.

"Talent.  I swear she could convince a tiger that being vegetarian sounds like fun," I replied still looking after the girl who was thanking Hero with a grin that said she was probably going to go, and repeat whatever she'd just done.

Chance shook his head, "And I swear she's not going to have Hero around to protect her someday."

"I wouldn't worry about her too much," I said shaking my head, "You've never been punched by her."

"Have you been punched by her?"

As if she would dare, my wolf snorted in my head, Besides, she's one of our friends.

"Of course not.  I saw how she gets out of trouble when Hero's not around," I replied watching as Abbie tried to explain something to Hero, while he tried to hold back laughter.  I probably could have figured out what they were talking about if I decided to listen a little more, but if I really wanted to know I could just ask Hero about it later.