Chapter 12 - Never Smile

Começar do início

"She's worried that you're ignoring her," I explain. "She wants to know why."

"Since when were you and Sam best friends?" He laughs. "Anyway, what do I matter to her?" He stares at me. His stare feels like it could burn my soul. I shudder slightly.

"You do matter to her," I tell him. He laughs at me.

"How do I matter?" He snaps. "When all she does is get angry and upset with me. I feel like she's disgusted by me. She shouts and yells and complains at everything I do." I feel utterly confused.

"When did this start?" I ask him. He rolls his eyes.

"The day after you got that tattoo," he says. "She clearly hates me. Why do I even bother?" I can feel myself becoming annoyed and sad with what he's saying. I know that she doesn't hate him. If anything, she loves him.

"Jimin," I say quietly. "How do you feel about her?" He laughs and runs his hand through his hair before returning to a stoney face.

"I thought I loved her," he answers. "But now, now I don't think I can even look at her." I really want to hug him but his stare is continuing to burn me.

"Jimin she's worried that you don't want anything to do with her anymore," I explain. "She's scared of losing you." He sighs.

"Yeah, well you can tell her that I don't want to see her anymore," he says. He begins to walk away.

"She loves you," I practically yell at him. He turns around, his eyes really wide. "She told me she loves you. I don't why she's been acting the way she has been, but I think it's to do with the fact she can't handle her emotions towards you." He looks at me with disbelief flickering over his face. "Jimin please go and talk to her." He nods and runs off. I turn around and see Tae waiting at the end of the corridor. I smile and wave for him to come over.

"What was that about?" Tae asks and he wraps his arm around my waist.

"Just a problem between him and a friend of mine," I sigh. "They should be fine."

"Really?" He says. "It sounded intense." I simply nod as we walk out of the school.

We walk into the town to find a small café for lunch. Ironically we end up in Jin's café. We open the door, walk in and sit by the window. We look and the menu and choose what we want. Jin comes over to serve us.

"Hello Ai-yeon, Tae," he greets then gets out his notepad.

"Wait you two know each other?" Tae questions. Jin and I both nod.

"Yep," I smile. "He's Ru-Ri's boyfriend. Anyway how do you know him?" I ask.

"Our families are both part of the business society," Tae explains.

"Then why do you work in a café?" I ask Jin.

"I don't work here. I own this place," he smiles. "Well what you two like?" We give him the answers and wait for it. Tae stays oddly quiet. I don't understand why. I wonder if something is bothering him. I open my mouth to speak but he cuts in.

"There's something I need to tell you," he announces. I look at him as if to say 'go on', which he does. "Jungkook and I we're step brothers." I laugh a little. He gives me a strange look.

"Tae, I know," I smile.

"How?" He asks. "Did Jungkook tell you?" I shake my head and smile.

"No I accidently heard then Jimin explained the rest," I smile. My phone pings in my pocket I get it out and have a look at the message.

I'll pick you up at 8 tomorrow
-Jungkook

I also found out that Jimin and Sam are coming. It'll be fun. See you tomorrow.
-Jungkook