The Hunger Games: Power

If your name is called, you know you're in grave danger. If you form a friend, you will have to betray them later. Will you be able to survive the fight to the death that is The Hunger Games?

          From the ruins of a land once known as North America the nation of Panem was formed- thirteen districts ruled over by the Capitol. The districts, however, were unhappy and rebelled, resulting in the thirteenth being destroyed and a cruel punishment being brought upon the remaining twelve- , the Hunger Games was born. The rebels tried again and defeated the Capitol some years later, but the peace was short-lived. The Capitol regained control and the Hunger Games rose once more. 24 tributes, 12 girls and 12 boys from the ages 12-18 are chosen from each of the 12 Districts to fight to the death on live television, and only one comes out.

          Kristina Purl, age 14 from District 5 and Arista Ciqala, age 14 from District 3 are both chosen to compete in the 192nd Annual Hunger Games along with Smoke Waterson from District 5 and Enapay Hassun from District 3.

          Kristina Purl is on the nicer side of District 5, rich, popular, and hardly has any experience in fighting. She lives with her mom and 12 year old little brother Dennis. Kristina is a typical drama queen and demands things, expecting everything to be her way. She tries not to make friends for the Games, so she is often avoiding everyone, especially Smoke who for some reason will never leave her alone.

          Arista is quite possibly the polar opposite. She lives with her father and her brother and sister, possibly on the poorer side of District 3 with little money and comparatively few friends. Her days are normal enough before the games, but post-reaping is there really any time for her to fear for her life when her district partner’s a nervous wreck?

          Kristina and Arista become good friends along with Smoke and Enapay. When the Games begin, the four kids still do not give up on each other for a numeral amount of days and weeks. And what happens in the Games near the end will be memorial for many more years to come as secrets will be revealed and more backstabbing then you can ever think of when it all comes down to one final winner.

                                              You meet someone and make a friend,

                                                      You don’t want to lose them.

                                         When you are forced to fight to your death,

                                               There are no friends, just enemies.

                                                 Winning means fame and fortune.

                                                  Losing means a certain death.

                                                The Hunger Games Have Begun…