Seven

I didn’t go to the bar with Luke yesterday, I was way too tired, maybe because of the whole thing with my mother, I just really hope it will take a good while till I see her again. I didn’t wait to see if Luke would come back to my place or not, I’m guessing he didn’t since I’m lying on my bed alone.

It’s my birthday. And I’m turning twenty.

For some reason I feel like shit, I think I’m just kinda disappointed because of the fact that my life didn't go anywhere so far. I sigh deeply trying to get some straight to get up and head to the kitchen. But I stop as soon as I come in, noticing the strange happening.

I can’t help but smile to myself. That's definitely not the best breakfast ever, but I suppose it's the best Luke could do with what I had. I let out a low laugh, it’s just difficult to imagine him doing something like this. There’s no sign of him though.

“Luke?” I call, looking around still a bit dizzy of waking up.

There’s no answer and I hear no noise, I’m starting to think he’s just off for something and start getting back to the kitchen to enjoy my breakfast when I feel two hands pinching my waist.

I jump, startled, turning around to see Luke with the biggest grin ever on his lips “Fuck, what was that for?”

“Happy birthday!” He almost shouts, there’s no need for that, I’m close enough to him. I watch him opening his arms and waiting for me to hug him.

But I just roll my eyes with a laugh, turning around “Don’t be so needy, I have breakfast waiting for me”

I start walking but he grabs my waist from behind, not letting me go, and places a kiss on my cheek “Who said that’s for you?”

“My food, my breakfast. I’ll share it with you though. Just cause I’m a really nice person”

“Appreciate it. Let’s go then, I’m starving”

-

“C’mon Hailey!”

Luke says, looking himself in the mirror and fixing his hair, it looked good already but he doesn’t seem to be quite happy about it.

“I don’t even wanna get out, I’d rather stay here just chilling” I complain, finishing fixing my own hair.

We've spent the day watching movies at my place, it's not like we don't do that often enough, but for some reason today's been even better. But it was getting dark when Luke decided that we're going to some club to have fun.

“I have a day off at the bar, we’re going out”

“It’s my birthday, I thought I got to choose stuff”

“Not when you choose the wrong thing"

I roll my eyes at him “You’ve been so bossy lately, I’m not sure if I like that side of you” I joke and he laughs.

“You love all of my sides Hailey”

“Even that cocky one?” I raise an eyebrow.

“Of course, that side drives you crazy” He messes my hair and we head the door after both of us seem satisfied with our looks.

Luke and I have already been to this club once before, unfortunately we can’t come here very often because it’s a bit expensive. It’s a quite big and cool place, though the outside looks sort of fancy, on the inside there’s the same mess of young and drunk people as every pub in town. 

To be honest, I actually really like this kinda crazy vibe.

LUKE

The club is crowded and the music fills my ears just like when you smoke pot and you feel it getting to your brain. That instant feeling of pleasure is probably one of the best things ever. I just really wanna be with Hailey tonight, not simply because it’s her birthday, but I know that conversation with her mother made her upset and she’s my best friend, I wanna see her happy.