New Baby

After the return of Lord Voldemort, Lucius Malfoy defected. He was found outside Hogsmeade, babbling and sobbing. Severus Snape managed to get some sense out of his distraught friend.

“It appears the Dark Lord murdered Narcissa as punishment for Lucius fleeing from the signs of his return and not trying to find him,” he told Albus Dumbledore.

Dumbledore planned to protect the widowed man, but the Ministry stepped in. He managed to keep Lucius out of Azkaban, but the now former Death Eater was de-aged to a baby.

He woke up in someplace dark and chilly, wet and hungry. He couldn’t help it and began to cry. To his surprise, his cries brought a tall, dark haired man running to his crib. Rough but gentle hands picked him up and cradled him against a warm chest.

“There, there, little one,” the man said in a deep, silky voice.

Lucius felt safe around this new Tall One. This one hadn’t yelled at or hit him when he cried. Instead he had picked him up and spoke gently to him. He snuggled against the black-clad shoulder, with shuddering sobs of discomfort a strong hand rubbed his back.

“Oh, you’re rather wet. Come on, lets get you changed.”

Severus carried the child to the newly made changing-table. The changing went rather quickly, as Severus had been made to practice on a doll by Madam Pomfrey so much he was almost sure he could do it with his eyes closed. Once finished he picked the baby up once more, just as his stomach growled.

“Hungry, I see. Well, we’ll fix that, too.”

He dressed Lucius then headed for the Great Hall. All eyes turned to the potion master and de-aged Malfoy. There was a high-chair next to Severus’ chair, between his seat and Remus Lupin’s. Bill Weasley, a cursebreaker for Gringotts, had managed to break the curse of the Defense position, so the werewolf was back.

“Good morning, Severus. Hello there, little one.”

Big silver eyes stared at him curiously.

“Well, I know you can at least say ‘hi’,” he said.

“Hi,” came the shy response.

Remus smiled.

“My name is Remus, and my furry friend here is Snuffles.”

Lucius looked down at the big dog, who was wagging his tail in a friendly manner.

“Pet?”

“You want to pet him?”

The child nodded.

“Of course you may. He loves the attention, just don’t pull his fur.”

Severus put Lucius down, and watched as Sirius licked his new son. Lucius giggled and began petting the Animagus. Potions master and werewolf watched at Sirius was amazingly tolerant of the baby, who ruffled his fur, accidentally stepped on his paw, and hugged him rather tightly. All the while, he licked the boy whenever he could, sensing the child had never been shown enough love or had a pet. Finally, Severus picked up his ward, rescuing the Animagus, who was having his ear pulled.

“All right, little one. Time to eat.”

With a bit of help from Remus, he got the boy in the high-chair. Once the food appeared, Severus began feeding Lucius. After a few minutes Remus took over so the raven haired man could eat some of his own meal. Snuffles lay at the base of the high-chair, watching his tiny cousin.

“Lucius.”

The boy looked over at the old man that called his name.

“Have you enjoyed your time with your new daddy?”